• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Securitybyte
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2016

Broken HR92?

Hi all

I noticed one of my rooms was not switching on in the mornings (evenings were okay however). On closer look, the battery status on the HR92 display showed zero bars. There was no 'low battery' warning received by the controller.

I swapped over the batteries from a known working HR92 (with two battery bars) but when re-inserted it still displayed zero bars.

I put brand new batteries in and still the same thing - zero bars

I have emailed Evohome and they have told me the warranty is 12 months and with the supplier. Unfortunately it was just over 12 months since I bought all the kit

Just wondered if anyone has seen the same problem with the HR92?

Thanks in advance
  • g6ejd
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2016

Its got to be worth a reset and re-bind before proceeding further it may well have crashed...

Comment

• SplanK
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jul 2016

As above, try a reset first but if it still fails to work correctly after doing so then Honeywell are indeed correct in advising you to deal with the supplier who sold it to you.

The '12 month warranty' is just a way to try and wiggle out of dealing with you and ignoring your rights as a consumer, however you have Sales of goods act (if you bought your item before 1st Oct 2015) or Consumer Rights Act (if you bought your item on or after 1st Oct 2015) on your side

Have a read here:

IMHO, these devices should last longer than 12 months, maybe 2-3 years before you could accept a failure. So, have a conversation with the person who sold it to you and go from there.

Comment

• g6ejd
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2016

Yes UK consumers have a lot of protection and the Sale of Goods act can extend out to 7-years if a reasonable expectation is for a part to last for 7-years for example, in the case of the HR92 I agree with Splank you should expect them to last at least 3-eras perhaps 5 before they wear out or fail and IMO that should be your starting point with the supplier.

Comment

• Securitybyte
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2016

Thank you all.

I did try a full reset but no luck.

I'll return to the retailer and see what they say.

For everything else I have had problems with in the past though, I've always cut out the middle man and gone direct to the manufacturer who is usually more than happy to help.

Comment

Working...
          X