• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simmmy
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2005

Ixos 2rca+s-video to scart PC to TV

Hi all 1st post ... i have 2 PC's linked to TV's in seperate rooms and want to link a 3rd pc to tv in another room all are running seperate PC TO TV connectors but i have a small TV with only 1 scart socket on the 3rd tv and the only picture i can get is in black and white.... Now looking at the other setups...its the same with them but the difference is ...they have more than 1 scart socket.

Now...the other 2 setups also show black and white to AV...you have to view the pc picture through SVHS or EXT sockets (im taking these names off the tv screen)but all go through the scart....am i making sense...(i hope so).

Right back to the 3rd setup...black and white pic through scart with no other option to plug connector elsewhere.

I have ruled out possible graphics card setup...also scart lead and its come down to the TV av sockets...this problem also occurs on another tv...a TV/VIDEO combined set...with 2 av sockets (no SVHS)option.

( I have been dragging TV's all over this house today and i am now worn out).

Why does this occur and how do i get colour to those AV sockets ?

My second question is...have i posted this in the right forum...

Simmmy
  • simmmy
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2005

Re: Ixos 2rca+s-video to scart PC to TV

Found it...

Hope this helps someone in my position someday.

"Sounds that your TV's SCART is not completely wired (in fact, most TVs only have composite and RGB wired in their SCART connections, only some TVs also offer S-Video). Then you can't use S-Video on this TV. The S-Video luminance uses the same wire as the composite, hence you see the picture, but black and white due to the lack of the chrominance (color) signal (which is separate with S-Video, so if it's not wired, you can't use it).

The only solution is to use a composite signal with your TV. . .or a VGA/RGB adapter, then you can feed the TV with RGB signals".

Simmmy

Comment

• katman
      • Jan 2004

Re: Ixos 2rca+s-video to scart PC to TV

Originally posted by simmmy
      Right back to the 3rd setup...black and white pic through scart with no other option to plug connector elsewhere.

I have ruled out possible graphics card setup...also scart lead and its come down to the TV av sockets...this problem also occurs on another tv...a TV/VIDEO combined set...with 2 av sockets (no SVHS)option.

Why does this occur and how do i get colour to those AV sockets ?

My second question is...have i posted this in the right forum...

Simmmy
      Hi Simmmy

The reason for the Black and White picture is that the SCARTs you are feeding into do not support S-Video.

Some TV's will support S-Video on the second SCART but it has to be selected by a menu option usually.

If your Graphics Card only has an S-Video output you will need an
      "S-Video to Composite Converter"

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...28733&doy=22m9 will do the job but as with all passive conversions will soften the image slightly.

If you need to run the signal over long distances first then take a look at my KAT5 units http://www.kat5.tv/modules.html. The receiver incorporates circuitry to mix the S-Video source down to Composite for your TV's that dont support S-Video.

Hope that helps

Keith
      KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
      http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

Working...
      X