Evohome cylinder strap on sensor incompatible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g6ejd
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2016

I haven't seen inside one yet, but it's likely to be a 'typical' PCB type, see: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/15214...0794543&crdt=0

Polarisation will be random by the time the RF gets reflected off any metallic objects - hot water cylinders, door handles, hinges, nails, plaster board corner re-enforcements, etc.

As I speak to more people about the Evohome communications system I learn they are experiencing what appear to be random communication faults.

So-far today no more communication faults, that's a total of ~12-hours. But as I sit hear I've just heard the pump run for about 10-secs and I know the schedule goes low at 23:30, so that's strange. I know other people are reporting that. Could be a room is at or near the night-time 15'C - checks - no all the rooms are currently at least 3'C about the 15'C night time temp.

I'm leaving the experiment running until Friday at 12:00, then I'll restart what could be an interfering weather station.

Comment

• g6ejd
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2016

Well I turned my weather station back on and the faults (Boiler Relay Fault) have returned, I've had 4 in a short period this afternoon, but what's interesting is they are spaced almost exactly an hour apart, well within a few minutes of each other and all at HH:39 HH:42 or thereabouts. There is no change in the schedule, its set for on at 0700 and off at 2330, so nothing obvious there, but I'm thinking this is a bit more than interference.

So new tests tomorrow...

Updated:
      Hmm.. some time later, I have switched off my weather station and the errors are still flowing, almost at random. Now I've moved the controller to within 1M of the BDR91's that are wired 25cms apart, not 30cm now could they be that sensitive to space, I'll let you know.

Updated:
      I have been monitoring the 868Mhz transmissions and there sounds like other units on the band, I have not yet been able to caputure the received audio on my digital storage scope but my ears tell me the transmission type is similar, so am I receiving packets from another system (house) that are being interpreted as erroneous communications, noting my system is working just fine despite these error messages...

The controller should only report errors from known/bound devices, I wonder if that's the case?
      Last edited by g6ejd; 21 October 2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• g6ejd
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2016

A good find, thanks, that's answered a lot of questions. I'm going to re-site one of the BDR91's today to see if that's the cause.

Comment

Working...
        X