• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killa47
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Economy Mode Quick Action - Changing Setting

Does anyone know whether the Evohome Economy Mode Quick Action default value of 3deg C is no longer changeable.

I thought I changed it to 5deg C a few months back but I cannot see any place now to change this setting.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

As far as I remember it has never been changeable on the Evohome. On the older Hometronic you could set Eco to anything you wanted. It is a grip of mine and unless you are normally used to heating your house to 23C or more, 3C less is too much.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Yep, it's always been 3 degrees with no way to adjust it.

It's also a gripe of mine that Eco cannot be customised, I also find 3 degrees too much. 1.5 to 2 degrees would be more reasonable but why not just make it a user set option the way you can customise the away and off temperatures ?

The quick actions are probably the weakest part of the Evohome interface, they really need a bit of an overhaul to make them more useful.

Comment

• killa47
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        Yep, it's always been 3 degrees with no way to adjust it.

It's also a gripe of mine that Eco cannot be customised, I also find 3 degrees too much. 1.5 to 2 degrees would be more reasonable but why not just make it a user set option the way you can customise the away and off temperatures ?
        Exactly as DBMandrake says - Let the user have an option on this.

For Rameses - Surely no hardship to add this option?

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

If you want a variable Eco override at zone level (rather that system) don't forget you can do that with a DT92 temperature sensor.

In fact, you can even make the Eco button work with a positive value, and use it as a boost rather than a setback.

I suspect many people overlook this important (but relatively unknown) functionality.

P.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

I do use the eco button on the DTS92 sometimes but:

a) it only affects one zone
            b) it doesn't track set point changes as the next set point cancels the DTS92 eco mode.

The eco mode on Evohome allows the schedule to continue but subtracts 3 degrees off each set point. (For set points that are 18 degrees and above anyway. Lower set points do not change)

Not really the same thing.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Oh, I agree. But for some people and in some situations it can be an alternative. That's all.

P.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

I now use a programmatic Eco function. So much better and allows me to set it to what I want without all the limitations. The controller Eco won't even touch a zone where after Eco it's setpoint would drop below 15C - again a little know fact (bug!)

I think my conclusion is that besides being ugly looking the DTS92 is actually better than the T87RF when used with the Evohome. It certainly has more to offer without having the connected capabilities of the T87RF, which one doesn't need with the evohome anyway.
                Last edited by bruce_miranda; 20 October 2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X