• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidj
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • May 2016

Is there a way to control via a web interface

Im finding the Evohome app totally unintuitive except for basic things and the controller very fiddly.
    Granted I haven't read through the whole forum but wondered if there may be a web facing alternative.
    I'm particularly interested in being able to change the heat programming.

Thanks

David
    Last edited by davidj; 19 October 2016, 09:25 AM.
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

If I wasn't so busy with paid work I'd try to find the time to write a proper web front end.

It would be great to start with a blank piece of paper, rather than trying to replicate the app or controller.

With some jQuery it would be possible to come up with a brilliant schedule interface, for example.

One day...

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

I think I remember seeing someone had already made a web app for this. It's buried in that API thread somewhere. It had the look and feel of the evohome controller but a lot more flexible.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

I remember that. I think the problem with that one is that it aped the controller interface too much.

I think with a clean sheet of paper you could do so much better than simply mirroring a Windows CE box with a tiny touch-screen.

P.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
          I remember that. I think the problem with that one is that it aped the controller interface too much.

I think with a clean sheet of paper you could do so much better than simply mirroring a Windows CE box with a tiny touch-screen.

P.
          Oh absolutely. I was simply saying that as a starting point a web app does exist. Maybe if someone would host a web interface that had a login screen, then it would be multi user as well. I say that's a github project waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
          X