Thread: Is there a way to control via a web interface

Automated Home Lurker

Default Is there a way to control Evohome via a web interface

Im finding the Evohome app totally unintuitive except for basic things and the controller very fiddly.
    Granted I haven't read through the whole forum but wondered if there may be a web facing alternative.
    I'm particularly interested in being able to change the heat programming.

Thanks

David
    Last edited by davidj; 19th October 2016 at 10:25 AM.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

If I wasn't so busy with paid work I'd try to find the time to write a proper web front end.

It would be great to start with a blank piece of paper, rather than trying to replicate the app or controller.

With some jQuery it would be possible to come up with a brilliant schedule interface, for example.

One day...

Automated Home Legend

I think I remember seeing someone had already made a web app for this. It's buried in that API thread somewhere. It had the look and feel of the evohome controller but a lot more flexible.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I remember that. I think the problem with that one is that it aped the controller interface too much.

I think with a clean sheet of paper you could do so much better than simply mirroring a Windows CE box with a tiny touch-screen.

P.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    I remember that. I think the problem with that one is that it aped the controller interface too much.

I think with a clean sheet of paper you could do so much better than simply mirroring a Windows CE box with a tiny touch-screen.

P.
    Oh absolutely. I was simply saying that as a starting point a web app does exist. Maybe if someone would host a web interface that had a login screen, then it would be multi user as well. I say that's a github project waiting to happen.