• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m112
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2016

Wiring BDR91 + Evo

Hello,

I have purchased new evo package with BDR91. I've had a look at the diagrams for wiring up BDR91 to combi boiler.

Would it be OK to wire up BDR91 directly to the same power fused spur socket as the combi boiler is connect at the moment?
    So the boiler will have own power cable, BDR91 will have own one?

Then I will just wire A and B connections to room thermostat connections on the boiler?

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I normally always recommend using the same power source for all Heating related connections, so that when the main switch is turned off, everything goes off. So yes you can do what you are suggesting.

Comment

• m112
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      I normally always recommend using the same power source for all Heating related connections, so that when the main switch is turned off, everything goes off. So yes you can do what you are suggesting.
      thank you for the reply

Comment

• m112
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2016

one more question please

I plan to wire the BDR91 to Ariston Microcombi boiler could not find much information about this boiler.
        But by looking at the manual http://www.freeboilermanuals.com/ass...mbi_23-&27.pdf
        I just need to remove a ring from terminal block and then connect A and B from BDR91 to the same terminal block

Is that correct? Sorry for dumb question but dont want to fry up PCB

To connect a room thermostat, it is necessary to:
        1. - Open the control panel as indicated in
        SECTION
        2.- Remove the link “A” from the terminal block on the reverse of the control panel.
        3. - Insert the thermostat cable through the cable grommet and fasten it by means of the cable-clamp provided.
        4. - Connect the thermostat wires to the terminal block (Diagram A).
        5.- If a remote time clock is to be fitted, disconnect the integral time clock from the P.C.B.
        6. - Using a volt-free switching time clock, connect the switching wires from the time clock following points 1-4 above (Diagram B).
        7. - If using an external time clock and room thermostat, these must be connected in series as points 1-7 above (Diagram C).
        Note:
        Only a low voltage room thermostat capable of volt free switching must be used. Factory fitted integral wiring must not be disturbed when wiring external controls

Comment

• g6ejd
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2016

Yes that's the way I read it. The BDR91 relay contacts are volt-free and when the BDR91 is actuated by the Evohome is will simulate a room thermostat demanding heat. Your timer can be left as-is but left on 24-hours or 'On' and let the Evohome control the schedule.

Comment

Working...
          X