Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon echo?

Default Amazon echo?

Anyone pre-ordered one? If you have you'll be pleased to know
    Evohome and SZT thermostats work well with it. Supports the smart zoning nicely. I.e. "Alexa make my living room 21c". I have played with it and the echo is good bit of kit.

### Out on 28th ###
    Last edited by Rameses; 21st September 2016 at 07:27 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Jr Member

Yep pre-ordered one and looking forward to playing around with it.
    How does it integrate with EvoHome ?

Automated Home Sr Member

I timely posting from Rameses. I was just about to post to ask

Automated Home Lurker

It is a good product. We should buy it.

Automated Home Jr Member zcapr17's Avatar

I've pre-ordered an Echo Dot, which I intend to integrate with SmartThings and my Honeywell Evohome heating system (the latter possibly via the former).

I may also attempt to integrate Echo with my Rako Lighting (using a custom bridge software I've written), however it's likely I may just throw out the Rako Lighting and replace with Fibaro dimmers joined to SmartThings.

Automated Home Sr Member

I cant see how to get the echo working with the evohome directly?

Ive tried adding the skill in Echo, but for me it seemed to be looking for a single thermostat rather than the full evohome system. However I may run into issues as I have two controllers for my home, so unless it will connect to all rooms on all controllers Im going to be a bit stuck.

Im currently using Echo to communicate with Evohome via IFTTT, but only to do a simple hot water boost for one hour. (very useful when the kids decide to go playing in mud down the garden on a "non" bathnight).

EDIT: Im assuming Rameses is using some form of account that allows linking to a non UK based totalconnect comfort account. I can link to Evohome from IFTTT no problem, but when trying to add the skill in Echo, it states incorrect password. Ive attempted to reset the password, and I can then log in with any number of devices, phone, IFTTT etc, but the skill on Echo must be trying to connect to a US database of accounts, so can't test this yet. Hopefully they will actually fix this issue before the official UK Echos start getting delivered........

Quote Originally Posted by zcapr17 View Post
    I may also attempt to integrate Echo with my Rako Lighting (using a custom bridge software I've written), however it's likely I may just throw out the Rako Lighting and replace with Fibaro dimmers joined to SmartThings.
    Im currently using Echo with smartthings (no evohome support on smartthings - just single thermostats) and some lamps plugged into the smarthings power sockets. Though I have on my desk a Fibaro Dimmer that I intend to try out later. Though it may have to wait until tomorrow as Im busy this evening.

It works very well with smartthings directly, being able to address devices just by name rather than with any cumbersome trigger word inbetween. "Alexa, turn on the master bedside lights", works a treat. I've only included the word "master" because I intend to have similar automation of other bedside lights.
    Last edited by Cchris; 19th September 2016 at 02:42 PM.

Automated Home Guru

I was planning to go via IFTTT as well but direct support would be great

Ooops I should have said "- live when Amazon launch in UK 28th" - but this is in the hands on Amazon. Demo was on UK account but whitelisted Alexa app (special for Devs)
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

I used an Amazon Dash button to set the temperatures needed. We found that we always got up at the same time, so a heating schedule worked fine. But never went to bed at the same time. So I just used an Amazon Dash button to turn the heating down as soon as we got to bed, so the house is not over or under heating simply based on time. The Dash button is great because I simply press it and it does what it needs to do.

Automated Home Sr Member

I see the app has been released today in the Apple Uk appstore. I guess that means those with US versions can effectively convert them to a UK version.