X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freddyq
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2016

Ahh - this is really useful to know! So on that first point about radiator in hallway, yes sorry I should have mentioned that there are a couple of reasons why I haven't bothered doing anything in the hallway; firstly, and this is a problem with the whole house, is that the front door and windows let in a lot of draught. We bought the house last year and the windows in the house are very old so I need to replace them very soon but for now, all I can do is insulate however possible. Secondly, the hallway radiator is a small one and I doubt it would ever be able to get the hallway to the target temperature. The first point contributes a lot of this as well. So I think the hallway isn't worth tackling until the door and windows are sorted.

Re large temperature overrides, I'll try the thermostats and also the app. Annoyingly I still haven't got that working - honeywell support wanted a photo of the controller showing mac id and CRC so I had to do that last night and will see what they can do today.

And yes, optimal start was exactly what I was thinking about. I will check out the settings and give that a go. I do worry that given my previous point about windows every room probably takes longer to heat up than it should. That may result in the optimum start engaging too early every time but I'll test it out. At least I know now

Many thanks!

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Originally posted by freddyq View Post
      Ahh - this is really useful to know! So on that first point about radiator in hallway, yes sorry I should have mentioned that there are a couple of reasons why I haven't bothered doing anything in the hallway; firstly, and this is a problem with the whole house, is that the front door and windows let in a lot of draught. We bought the house last year and the windows in the house are very old so I need to replace them very soon but for now, all I can do is insulate however possible. Secondly, the hallway radiator is a small one and I doubt it would ever be able to get the hallway to the target temperature. The first point contributes a lot of this as well. So I think the hallway isn't worth tackling until the door and windows are sorted.

Re large temperature overrides, I'll try the thermostats and also the app. Annoyingly I still haven't got that working - honeywell support wanted a photo of the controller showing mac id and CRC so I had to do that last night and will see what they can do today.

And yes, optimal start was exactly what I was thinking about. I will check out the settings and give that a go. I do worry that given my previous point about windows every room probably takes longer to heat up than it should. That may result in the optimum start engaging too early every time but I'll test it out. At least I know now

Many thanks!
      Re online access. Try deleting your account from the Total Connect website and then carryout a normal set up. In my experience, this usually solves the problem,

Comment

• freddyq
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2016

Ah ok, I'll give that a go.

Comment

• freddyq
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2016

App working now and I can confirm it is much easier and quicker to turn temp up and down in zones from the app. Well designed app actually. I will soon test out the optimal start stuff as well.

I've also started to look at IFTTT integration with evohome as that should create some interesting opportunities. I think it would be good if honeywell build some geolocation based controls into the system as well as weather integration. Both can be done with IFTTT so not a biggy but I suspect the features would be more reliable as part of the system itself.

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

Originally posted by freddyq View Post
            App working now and I can confirm it is much easier and quicker to turn temp up and down in zones from the app. Well designed app actually. I will soon test out the optimal start stuff as well.

I've also started to look at IFTTT integration with evohome as that should create some interesting opportunities. I think it would be good if honeywell build some geolocation based controls into the system as well as weather integration. Both can be done with IFTTT so not a biggy but I suspect the features would be more reliable as part of the system itself.
            Good news.

Comment

Working...
            X