X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

T87RF and HR92 - Ignoring the Local Override setting from Evohome Controller

So I've updated one of the zones to have a TR87RF in there to monitor the temperatures in the nursery, as I'm going to be fitting a radiator cover which will encase the entire radiator & TRV unit which will be used for little one to draw on/have an interactive sensory thing going on. However, it looks like this combination completely ignores the Local Override setting within the zone configuration on the Evohome controller.

All other rooms with override disabled, when trying to adjust the temperature, show BLOCKED on the HR92's, however, the TR87RF allows the temperature to be manually set, and this is then shown accordingly on the controller.

Is this a known issue? Or have I bound it incorrectly (Deleted existing zone, restart controller, create new zone, bound TR87, bound HR92)

Cheers
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Does it still say blocked on the HR92 if you try to make the adjustment on the HR92 ? In other words is it only adjusting from the TR87RF that is not blocked ?

I have a very vague recollection of some discussion from a long time ago on the forum that you can't block manual overrides on a TR87RF but that you can for a DTS92.

I have two rooms with DTS92 (but no TR87RF's to try unfortunately) so I can try blocking local overrides on a zone with a DTS92 tonight to see what happens if you like ?

Comment

• PaulB
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      Does it still say blocked on the HR92 if you try to make the adjustment on the HR92 ? In other words is it only adjusting from the TR87RF that is not blocked ?

I have a very vague recollection of some discussion from a long time ago on the forum that you can't block manual overrides on a TR87RF but that you can for a DTS92.

I have two rooms with DTS92 (but no TR87RF's to try unfortunately) so I can try blocking local overrides on a zone with a DTS92 tonight to see what happens if you like ?
      Yes the HR92 still blocks ok, but the TR87F doesn't. The reason I chose the TR87F was that it looks much more polished to have in a room, the DTS92 in my opinion just looks dated.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        Yes the HR92 still blocks ok, but the TR87F doesn't. The reason I chose the TR87F was that it looks much more polished to have in a room, the DTS92 in my opinion just looks dated.
        It's a lot less functional unfortunately, in several ways. Anyway I'll check a DTS92 tonight and see if it can be blocked or not.

I guess your other choice is the HCF82 which is only a sensor with no controls for children to fiddle with - the only thing there is that I think its actually more ugly than a DTS92 (I actually don't mind the DTS92 at all) and it seems quite expensive for a sensor with no display or buttons given that it is actually more expensive than a DTS92!

There is a real need for a sensor only device like an HCF82 that is much smaller, more discrete and inoffensive looking and about half the price so that more rooms can use remote sensors. Anyone at Honeywell listening ?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Some of my HR80s have a place to add a wired sensor. But I never saw these being sold, so don't even know what they look like.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            Some of my HR80s have a place to add a wired sensor.
            That's for the open window sensor, isn't it?

P.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

I don't know about HR80's but the only wired sensor you can attach to an HR92 is the open window sensor - and that is just an open/close switch.

I haven't even seen these for sale and am not even sure exactly what kind of connector it is under the hatch. From memory it looks a bit like a micro USB plug.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                Looks like it's a limitation of the TR87F - I just tested disabling local override on my living room zone that uses a DTS92 and not only does the HR92 lock, so does the DTS92.

It doesn't display a lock icon when left alone like the HR92 does, but when you press the up or down button to make an adjustment an icon of a key appears and you are unable to make an adjustment.

So it looks like your choices of tamper proof sensor may be limited to DTS92 or HCF82 I'm afraid.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

The HCW82 also will work but in that you need to mechanically lock the dial with the two pins provided.

I stupidly sold one of them only to later go and buy a T87RF because I needed a remote sensor.

Comment

Working...
                  X