• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelD
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2006

EvoHome priorities

I now have four ways to control my EvoHome, so never know why the temperature is where it is.

There is:
    1. The EvoHome controller (pre-WiFi model, so no local override indicator)
    2. Local override
    3. Phone app
    4. IFTTT from HomeSeer on the PC

It would take ages to work out which takes priority over which. Has anyone already done the research, or does anyone know of anything that explains it?

The immediate questions I have are:
    If someone locally overrides, will the schedule stop working on that radiator? Or would IFTTT? Or the phone app?
    If I set a room permanently to 5 degrees, because we won't be using the room for a week or so, will IFTTT change it when I cancel a quick action? (it seems to, sometimes, but I cant work out the pattern)

Have tried to find this with google, but without success
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Priority will always be the last one of the above to make a change, surely?

P.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Unless there is some logic built into the controller to differentiate local changes and remote requested changes, i would think the controller would simply deal with the changes as they hit the controller and the last instruction would stick.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Pretty sure its simply a case of last action wins!

Comment

• MichaelD
          Automated Home Guru
          • Mar 2006

That looks like a consensus, which is good news.

So, every change that is made overrules everything previously set, wherever it came from. I had read that a local override remained even if a scheduled change came through, but having tried out the options, that doesn't seem to be true, so, it all now looks very simple.

With one less thing to worry about, I can go back to reading about the singularity ... yikes!

Comment

Working...
          X