• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Firebladejon
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2005

RGB problem

My Philips digibox & DVD player is configured for RGB o/p and works fine thro scart to my existing TV.

Just had a brand new LCD screen (300WN5) with scart and tried the above. With what picture is seen, all colours are present and good/sharp. But it seems to be out of sync. The picture is rolling right at random and broken up into about 6-8 sections in random. No settings on the screen or TV/DVD rectify's fault or makes any changes.

Think i've identified thro the pin configuration and attempts, that the LCD-Scart does not support S-video as it does have a seperate S-video i/p which works fine. Comp video also works fine through scart. PC mode works fine.

Havn't had much luck through philips.

Would be gratefull for any feedback.
    Regards
    John.
  • katman
    • Jan 2004

Re: RGB problem

Originally posted by Firebladejon
    My Philips digibox & DVD player is configured for RGB o/p and works fine thro scart to my existing TV.

Just had a brand new LCD screen (300WN5) with scart and tried the above. With what picture is seen, all colours are present and good/sharp. But it seems to be out of sync. The picture is rolling right at random and broken up into about 6-8 sections in random. No settings on the screen or TV/DVD rectify's fault or makes any changes.
    Hi John

Is there a setting for where to get the Sync from ?

Consumer RGB is usually RGBS where S is the sync signal and most consumer kit outputs composite video as the sync signal rather than pure composite sync.

It may be that the monitor is configured for RGsB which is Sync on Green.

See if there is an option to change that.

Failing that, if you have a VGA input on the monitor then an RGB2Plasma converter from JS Technology might do the job. Best speak to John Sim bfore you buy though just in case.

I have tried to look at the manual on the Phillips website but dont get a link to it because I dont have a registered product. The spec sheet isnt clear about exactly what it will support via the SCART.

Regards

Keith
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

• Firebladejon
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2005

Dear Keith,

Many thanks for your reply.

The Specification on the screen is "sRGB" and there seems to be no setting in altering anything with the RGB except the normal brightness,contrast, colour etc.

I have found a link to the manual: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/3...00_dfu_eng.pdf

The Digibox is Model DTR1500 and o/p spec on scart is: CVBS or S-Video or RGB/Fast blanking, Slow blanking.

I already use the VGA input on my PC.

John.
      Regards
      John.

Comment

• katman
        • Jan 2004

Hi John.

Had a quick look through the manual and cant find anything obvious.

Are you using the SAME Scart lead that you were with the TV ?

Check that pin 20 of the SCART isnt bent or pushed back into the housing at the TV end

Check pin 19 likewise at the source end.

If you can select Composite Video via SCART see if you can get a normal picture (ie NOT RGB). You may need to disable RGB out from the source to be able to do this. That would at least confirm connectivity of the pin used for the sync signal.

Beyond that... for remote diagnosis.... I'm stumped

Regards

Keith
        KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
        http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

Working...
        X