Thread: X10 Din rail dimmer + GU10 LED lamps...dimming question

Automated Home Lurker

Default X10 Din rail dimmer + GU10 LED lamps...dimming question

Hi All,

I replaced all my GU10 wall light lamps today with Philips GU10 LED's. They are very nice especially when a 3 pack only cost £5.49!

The issue I have is that I can't get them to dim down far enough. Is that an issue with the X10 DIN rail module or the lamps?

Cheers
    Daz

Are they dimmable GU10s? some aren't

I have Philips Master GU10s (which were £13.50 each - ouch) connected to a Clipsal C-Bus dimmer. They can dim down to a level where they don't seem to illuminate anything apart from the lamp itself.

I accidentally put non-dimmable GU10s into a dimmer, and they flashed on and off continuously. Perhaps that averaged out to the correct dim level, but drove us crazy until they were replaced

Automated Home Lurker

These are definitely dimmable GU10's. They only dim down to about 30% or so. Been informed that the X10 DIN rail module may be the thing that's causing the issue. Apparently they don't handle LED's very well and I've been recommended replacing it with a Z-Wave DIN rail dimmer although I don't use the home automation element of the X10 nor will I on the Z-Wave. I simply use momentary switches.