New online Evohome monitoring/logging service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arrghh!
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

New online Evohome monitoring/logging service?

Does anyone here know anything about this or is involved in the beta testing?

It seems it could be an easy way to get historical data from our Evohome systems, bearing in mind some users won't have enough expertise to run scripts or mess around under the bonnet.
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

They've got some nasty overshoots in their hallway ;-)

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

More seriously, they are graphing "boiler on". As far as I'm aware that isn't provided by either the V1 or V2 APIs, so I guess they must be just basing it on temperature rises?

P.

Comment

• Arrghh!
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Dec 2015

I'm assuming they can't so anything more than the other Python etc. scripts people have developed here which access the API?

I just need something simple to install and help me analyse what's going on, so this could fit the bill.

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Sounds like it could, as long as you trust them with your username and password, and trust that they'll keep it properly secured from 3rd parties.

The lack of privacy policy or indeed any company details at all on their website doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm not sure I'd want to (effectively) have control of my heating to a complete stranger.

It's a shame Honeywell doesn't offer a road-only version of the API with a different password. There'd still be dangers, or course (the third party would have a pretty good idea of when your house is empty, for example).

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. If the people behind it are reading this (and they'd be mad NOT to be here) please take the criticism above as friendly help rather than confrontation. If I need to be reassured about security then I'm sure other potential customers will too.

Comment

• Arrghh!
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2015

Those are good points and partially why I thought I'd post the link here.

Is there anyone on here close to bringing out an easily installed local version of something like this?

Comment

• sandyman
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
              Those are good points and partially why I thought I'd post the link here.
              with my professional head on I'd treat this as a phishing site until proven otherwise, if anyone where I work put their creds into something like this site I'd kick them.

targetted phishing sites can look really really good. As paul said, if you know people are not using their heating you have valuable information for a burglar... and potentially evohome customers are higher than average net worth. There is no https, no documentation of who they are, no posting on here inviting beta testers (as paul says, they really ought to be on here).

the domain registry says the owner is "Nick GravesMorris", so I really hope that that person is actually doing this genuinely (I like to think they are) and will turn up on here at some point and explain it.

until then, i wouldn't touch it with someone elses bargepole.

Comment

• paulockenden
                Automated Home Legend
                • Apr 2015

I think that's perhaps a tad harsh/unfair. It's obviously early days for them. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. But on the other hand those issues DO need to be addressed before I'd go anywhere near it, or write about it in my PC Pro column.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Dec 2015

Well I've registered my interest with them but haven't heard anything back yet.

Comment

• g6ejd
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Oct 2016

There's no information at Company's House for this business, and this is in the Public Domain - so looks like an early start-up:
                    Domain name:
                    cresima.co.uk
                    Registrant:
                    Nick G
                    Registrant type:
                    UK Individual
                    Registrant's address:
                    The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
                    address omitted from the WHOIS service.
                    Data validation:
                    Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 17-Jan-2013
                    Registrar:
                    Gandi [Tag = GANDI]
                    URL: http://www.gandi.net
                    Relevant dates:
                    Registered on: 06-Jan-2016
                    Expiry date: 06-Jan-2021
                    Last updated: 06-Jan-2016
                    Registration status:
                    Registered until expiry date.
                    Name servers:
                    a.dns.gandi.net
                    b.dns.gandi.net
                    c.dns.gandi.net

I've signed up to

Comment

• Mickjohn
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
                      Well I've registered my interest with them but haven't heard anything back yet.
                      Hi

Is this worth registering with ?

Many thanks

Mick

Comment

• Arrghh!
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Dec 2015

I've still heard nothing so can only assume it's dead in the water.

Is there an alternative that easy to install and use for a PC or Android user?

Comment

• MrB
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Oct 2015

Hosted at Amazon
                          Cresima is Italian for "confirmation"
                          Nick Graves-Morris is a bit of a unique name. So... see here.
                          Increase placements, cut downtime, and grow faster with Bullhorn's applicant tracking, candidate management, and CRM solutions for recruiting.

Which syncs with Cresima being a pay site (beta is free as per website)

Comment

• Mickjohn
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Mar 2015

Many thanks for quick reply

Mick

Comment

Working...
                            X