• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spectral
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2016

floor heating problem

Hello, about a year ago Evohome was installed in our home. It worked great (8 rooms).
    But somehow after this summer it seems that our living room (which has floor heating) is heated when another room needs heating.

For instance today: studyroom - 22c / livingroom - 18c. But I guess the VC8015 is set to open, so the living room was way above 20c.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Martijn
  • scottmark
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2009

We have the same issue, nothing to do with Evohome though, the zone valves get stuck in an open position and so whenever any zone is "on", the open ones are also heating.

We've replaced lots of the valves over the last few years but it keeps happening, I think they are just low quality

Mark

Comment

• spectral
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2016

I am pretty sure (but will recheck this evening) that the valve is not stuck. I have seen it moving a few days ago.

Comment

• scottmark
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Apr 2009

Yes our motorised valves look closed, its the "pin" valve that they operate underneath that gets stuck open, you can't tell they are stuck visually at all.

Comment

• spectral
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2016

OK sounds fair, then I will check if hot water passes when the valve is closed.

Comment

• spectral
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Feb 2016

Seems the valve is not the problem.

It's open, and when I turn the temperature down it doesn't respond. When I shut down the whole system it closes. When I activate that zone again and increases the temperature it opens.... but it doesn't close....

Comment

Working...
            X