Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First evening with Evo

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I also have a Grundfos UPS2 15-50/60 and it is currently running on the lowest fixed speed. (I used to run it on medium)

They are designed to be able to run non stop 24/7 for years (decades) so no worries there. The only issue might be a slight increase in electricity use by having it running for longer however the UPS2 is a very efficient pump and on low speed mode uses very little power. (about 15w I think)
    Thaks once agin for usefull info.

Im not sure if i have lost my pump overurn feature, i had the hot water on today and boiler was running at 78C, Evo HWstat reached temp and boiler cut off, and then the pump switched off about 10 seconds later. I would have thought at such a high temp i would have seen it stay on much longer like it did pre evo.

I had pump overun switched on at the evo controller for 2 minutes, and the BDR did stay on with the valve open, but the pump being powered by the boiler was off, so pointless.

Just thinking as i have disconnected the orange and grey cables from the valves in th ejunction box, have i now stoppped the overrun? Looking at Honeywells pump overrun wiring the Orange cables are connected to the switched live on the boiler. but Fig 9 in th eevo book says "if a wirless boiler relay is used the Grey/Orange cables are not required"
    Last edited by Norfolkboy; 23rd November 2016 at 11:58 AM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolkboy View Post
    I have an openvent Viessman 100w, had it for a year now and would recommend it HenGus
    Thanks - it is on my short list but I cannot find a Viessmann installer that can spell Evohome.