• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cchris
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2015

Evohome firmware update

Before lodging a support request with Honeywell,does anyone know if the firmware in the controller units will automatically update?

I recently purchased an extra controller and it has arrived with the old/original formware version.

I'd like to get it updated so that I can clear error logs and have the manual zone adjustments show up on the controller.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Only the current wifi version is upgradeable. But only when Honeywell push it to your controller.

Comment

• Cchris
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Nov 2015

Sorry yes, I should have made it clear. It is the latest wifi version of the controller. It has just been shipped with the original firmware version.

Looks like I'll have to raise a support request and see if they can push an update to it.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

What version do you have on your original controller ? 1.02 ? 1.03 is out on some new controllers now so if you ask them for the update your new controller may well end up on a newer version than your older one...

Let us know how willing they are to upgrade you and what version you end up with after upgrading.

Comment

• Cchris
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          What version do you have on your original controller ? 1.02 ? 1.03 is out on some new controllers now so if you ask them for the update your new controller may well end up on a newer version than your older one...

Let us know how willing they are to upgrade you and what version you end up with after upgrading.
          Ive now got three controllers (range issues), two of them are on 1.02. The latest one I bought is 1.01.

Ill look for the differences in versions and ask that the controllers all be on the same. Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

• Cchris
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2015

I emailed around 2pm, got a response some time before 6pm saying that the firmware had been pushed to the device. All devices now on 01.00.02.01

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Hmm, so they didn't give you 1.03. Wonder why...

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Cchris View Post
                Sorry yes, I should have made it clear. It is the latest WiFi version of the controller. It has just been shipped with the original firmware version.

Looks like I'll have to raise a support request and see if they can push an update to it.
                There are actually 2 firmware's inside an evohome Wi-Fi. Current versions are

Wi-Fi FW - 01.00.02.00
                Application FW - 01.00.02.01 (01.00.03.00 is same as 02.01 but with additional eastern European language support)

Leaving evohome on will / should automatically update. Occasionally updates can fail (after a number of attempts) and the system may require a manual push.
                Last edited by Rameses; 28 November 2016, 12:55 PM.
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Cchris
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                  There are actually 2 firmware's inside an evohome Wi-Fi. Current versions are

Wi-Fi FW - 01.00.02.00
                  Application FW - 01.00.02.01 (01.00.03.00 is same as 02.01 but with additional eastern European language support)

Leaving evohome on will / should automatically update. Occasionally updates can fail (after a number of attempts) and the system may require a manual push.
                  It had been on for several days and no automatic update in sight, but the manual push did do it. Both wifi software version and application version were updated to match the others.

I did rquest that it matched the others, so this may be the reason that the absolute latest (1.03?) was not pushed down. Im happy, and it was a big difference to some of the awful service received from other companies this week

Comment

• richardc1983
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2016

I am hoping my new lyric t6 by honeywell gets firmware updates as there is no option to check for them unfortunately.

Comment

• Rameses
                      Industry Expert
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Cchris View Post
                      It had been on for several days and no automatic update in sight, but the manual push did do it. Both wifi software version and application version were updated to match the others.

I did rquest that it matched the others, so this may be the reason that the absolute latest (1.03?) was not pushed down. Im happy, and it was a big difference to some of the awful service received from other companies this week
                      Will pass that back to customer services they will appreciate that.

Don't sweat the 1.03 thing. 1.021 is same as I say but with some EE languages in. No difference in performance functionality etc.
                      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

I ought to have remebered how to do this but have not. Must be age! Can somebody remind me how to check what version of the firmware I am running in the Panel. Thanks.

Comment

• killa47
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                          I ought to have remebered how to do this but have not. Must be age! Can somebody remind me how to check what version of the firmware I am running in the Panel. Thanks.
                          Press the 'SETTINGS' button once to enter the user settings menu, then press and hold the 'DEVICE SETTINGS' button for approximately 10-15 seconds.

Out of interest, mine is still 1.00.02.01

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Thanks. Mine also is still 1.00.02.01

Comment

• HenGus
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • May 2014

As per above.

Comment