Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware update

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Evohome firmware update

Before lodging a support request with Honeywell,does anyone know if the firmware in the controller units will automatically update?

I recently purchased an extra controller and it has arrived with the old/original formware version.

I'd like to get it updated so that I can clear error logs and have the manual zone adjustments show up on the controller.

Automated Home Legend

Only the current wifi version is upgradeable. But only when Honeywell push it to your controller.

Automated Home Sr Member

Sorry yes, I should have made it clear. It is the latest wifi version of the controller. It has just been shipped with the original firmware version.

Looks like I'll have to raise a support request and see if they can push an update to it.

Automated Home Legend

What version do you have on your original controller ? 1.02 ? 1.03 is out on some new controllers now so if you ask them for the update your new controller may well end up on a newer version than your older one...

Let us know how willing they are to upgrade you and what version you end up with after upgrading.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    What version do you have on your original controller ? 1.02 ? 1.03 is out on some new controllers now so if you ask them for the update your new controller may well end up on a newer version than your older one...

Let us know how willing they are to upgrade you and what version you end up with after upgrading.
    Ive now got three controllers (range issues), two of them are on 1.02. The latest one I bought is 1.01.

Ill look for the differences in versions and ask that the controllers all be on the same. Will let you know how I get on.

Automated Home Sr Member

I emailed around 2pm, got a response some time before 6pm saying that the firmware had been pushed to the device. All devices now on 01.00.02.01

Automated Home Legend

Hmm, so they didn't give you 1.03. Wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Cchris View Post
    Sorry yes, I should have made it clear. It is the latest WiFi version of the controller. It has just been shipped with the original firmware version.

Looks like I'll have to raise a support request and see if they can push an update to it.
    There are actually 2 firmware's inside an evohome Wi-Fi. Current versions are

Wi-Fi FW - 01.00.02.00
    Application FW - 01.00.02.01 (01.00.03.00 is same as 02.01 but with additional eastern European language support)

Leaving evohome on will / should automatically update. Occasionally updates can fail (after a number of attempts) and the system may require a manual push.
    Last edited by Rameses; 28th November 2016 at 12:55 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    There are actually 2 firmware's inside an evohome Wi-Fi. Current versions are

Wi-Fi FW - 01.00.02.00
    Application FW - 01.00.02.01 (01.00.03.00 is same as 02.01 but with additional eastern European language support)

Leaving evohome on will / should automatically update. Occasionally updates can fail (after a number of attempts) and the system may require a manual push.
    It had been on for several days and no automatic update in sight, but the manual push did do it. Both wifi software version and application version were updated to match the others.

I did rquest that it matched the others, so this may be the reason that the absolute latest (1.03?) was not pushed down. Im happy, and it was a big difference to some of the awful service received from other companies this week

Automated Home Sr Member

I am hoping my new lyric t6 by honeywell gets firmware updates as there is no option to check for them unfortunately.