• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ojock
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    If you've configured your UFH as just an additional zone using a BDR91 adding a boiler relay won't solve your problem of the CH BDR91 coming on when your UFH calls for heat. You need to change your UFH zone to an Electric UFH zone (On the new firmware update) and this will prevent the BDR91 on the CH from coming on and if you had a boiler relay prevent this from firing. At this point you'd just use the orange wire from the zone valve to fire the boiler for the UFH.
    Amazing - just tried the ELECTRIC HEAT and it worked! Thank you so much.

I bought a Evohome Connected Pack which included a BDR91 that was pre-bound as a boiler relay. However, when I then introduced the HW Kit, I had to unbind that relay, setup the Stored HW config as "2 Two Port or Three Port Valves", bind a new HW BDR91 relay (that came with the HW kit), then re-bind the relay (the one that came with the Connected pack) as a heating relay. This was done because I found that when I originally setup the HW as a "HW ONLY VALVE", when HW was calling for heat, it would also call the boiler relay which would then opened up the CH valve, changing to "2 Two Port or Three Port Valves" fixed the issue.

So basically, I don't have a boiler relay as such since I added the HW kit.

Now that I have it working as I think it should, it's great, but I'm wondering if "tricking" Evohome into thinking the UFH is Electric, when in fact it opens a motorised valve and fires up the boiler is somehow sub-optimal? Am I doing this because my design/setup is not how Evohome supposed to work?

I thought I had simple requirements;
    1) Hot Water
    2) Underfloor heating (UFH) as a separate zone
    3) Central heating (CH) to all others controlled by HR92s

I got the HW kit working correctly with the CH, I just couldn't figure out how to isolate the UFH so that it comes on without also turning on the CH. (my HW was causing the same issue, until I selected "2 Two Port or Three Port Valves", but I couldn't find an option like that for my UFH).

Comment

• mtmcgavock
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by ojock View Post
      Amazing - just tried the ELECTRIC HEAT and it worked! Thank you so much.

I bought a Evohome Connected Pack which included a BDR91 that was pre-bound as a boiler relay. However, when I then introduced the HW Kit, I had to unbind that relay, setup the Stored HW config as "2 Two Port or Three Port Valves", bind a new HW BDR91 relay (that came with the HW kit), then re-bind the relay (the one that came with the Connected pack) as a heating relay. This was done because I found that when I originally setup the HW as a "HW ONLY VALVE", when HW was calling for heat, it would also call the boiler relay which would then opened up the CH valve, changing to "2 Two Port or Three Port Valves" fixed the issue.

So basically, I don't have a boiler relay as such since I added the HW kit.

Now that I have it working as I think it should, it's great, but I'm wondering if "tricking" Evohome into thinking the UFH is Electric, when in fact it opens a motorised valve and fires up the boiler is somehow sub-optimal? Am I doing this because my design/setup is not how Evohome supposed to work?

I thought I had simple requirements;
      1) Hot Water
      2) Underfloor heating (UFH) as a separate zone
      3) Central heating (CH) to all others controlled by HR92s

I got the HW kit working correctly with the CH, I just couldn't figure out how to isolate the UFH so that it comes on without also turning on the CH. (my HW was causing the same issue, until I selected "2 Two Port or Three Port Valves", but I couldn't find an option like that for my UFH).
      No on Electric UFH heating it does TPI exactly the same as a normal zone valve but just doesn't close the boiler/CH relay. You aren't losing any performance.

Comment

Working...
      X