Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something odd happening

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Something odd happening

Hi,

Only day 3 of full system, but I can't figure out what's happening- I have two zones which each have one rad each, the room temp recoded by hr92 is 0.5c below set point, boiler and pump are on but opentherm bridge has the water in the system running at 24c, surely that's not going to add any heat to a room?
    Last edited by Norfolkboy; 24th November 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolkboy View Post
    Hi,

Only day 3 of full system, but I can't figure out what's happening- I have two zones which each have one rad each, the room temp recoded by hr92 is 0.5c below set point, boiler and pump are on but opentherm bridge has the water in the system running at 24c, surely that's not going to add any heat to a room?

Starting to realise with the system has seen in many posts on here is too not question what it's doing!

Update - set a room to go from 19-21c at 21.30 till 22.00. Checked the temp at 22.05, it was 18.5c, why would this be. Only explanation I can give is earlier in the evening hw came on while ch was on, therefore boiler temp went to max 78c, this may have thrown the hr92s out and so called for very cool water. Lounge overshot preset by 2.c

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Day three it's still learning.

Automated Home Legend

Firstly how are you measuring the OT target flow temp? When the system is learning I found that the OT tends to requests a higher temp more often than a lower temp.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Firstly how are you measuring the OT target flow temp? When the system is learning I found that the OT tends to requests a higher temp more often than a lower temp.

Hi, my boiler dispalys the water temp and was the steady low temp without the burner on

Automated Home Legend

Overshooting is common when its learning. But to have such a low target flow temp is a bit odd. Watch it for a few more days.

Automated Home Jr Member

First frustration today for the new system! Two rooms set to come on at 6.20am, at 5.40 heard valves open and water flowing through rads(20c set and room was 17c), thought great optistart is working well as the day before it had come on earlier. I look at the rad at 6am water still flowing but rad is still cold, I check the boiler and flow temp is 18c so doesn't look like the opentherm had told the boiler to fire. At 6.15 still no heat but pumping. Before I get an ear full from the other half I turn on the hot water which fires the boiler to 78 which soon got the rads warm. Rest of the day system has been fine.

I'm concerned why this happens and if it's going to keep occurring!!

Wiring sounds wrong. You Y plan? What is mixer valve doing?
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Jr Member

S plan with central heating valve always open, must be a software glitch as has been working fine and does during the day.

Update-6.25 am today 3 zones calling for heat and rads cold again

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolkboy View Post
    S plan with central heating valve always open, must be a software glitch as has been working fine and does during the day.

Update-6.25 am today 3 zones calling for heat and rads cold again
    Does that mean that you've rejigged the wiring so that the orange wires usually used to fire boiler from both zone valves are disconnected, and only the Opentherm bridge is calling for heat on the X21 terminals?

Opentherm is used far more in places like Holland, and given their general ability to communicate in English the contact number on here might be able to help if you're stuck: https://www.regelvisie.nl/pages/Woni...viessmann.html.
    Last edited by Little Tinker; 29th November 2016 at 08:18 AM.