Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: HR92 Observations on temperature and control processing

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Ada was my worst.

In fact, Ian Dury even wrote a song about it....

P.

Automated Home Legend

Luckily I skipped it. But I did do PASCAL, which I understand it was based on. Infact just about 2/3 years ago I felt like I hadn't learnt a new language in the last decade, so picked up Python (my wife was thinking more along the lines of Spanish or German). Goodness have programming languages become easy and more complex as well.

Yeah, I did quite a lot of Pascal when I worked in defence.

Well, they call it 'defence', but it's really 'offense', and after a while I found it offensive and left.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by theasman View Post
    Paul I would be very interested in an image once you've done it. Tony.
    My build is currently at 27%. I may be some time...

Has anyone here played with cross-compilation?
    Last edited by paulockenden; 13th December 2016 at 07:50 PM.

Automated Home Guru

A quick update on the Domoticz 1 vs 2 decimal places difference between the API script and HGI80 functionality. The update to the code to retain the source 2 decimal places for the HGI80 functionality has been merged into the main Domoticz beta code and should be included in the next beta release within a week or so. HGI80 users will see their temperatures switch to 2 decimal places in the dashboard and temperature views (some of the other screens standardise their data to 1dp, but the underlying values are stored with 2dp).

Dan

Automated Home Guru

Hi,

I've been doing some testing comparing the temperatures reported by one of my HR92s and a couple of HR80s (v2.03 and v2.04). It looks like the HR92 reports temperatures in steps of 0.07 and the HR80s 0.06. What has particularly surprised me is the message frequency on the HR80s (I've only just got hold of these - thanks Bruce for the loan of the v2.04 one). The HR80s seem to send out their messages every 3-5mins irrespective of whether there's been any change in temperature. However, the HR92s adjust their message frequency based upon whether there's been any significant change in temperature ranging from 2-3mins to 20-40min.

Dan