Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HR92 Observations on temperature and control processing

Automated Home Legend

I too use an HGI80 but can see only 1 decimal place on the Dashboard and Temperature pages (and graphs too). I'm currently on the latest stable Version: 3.5877

I wonder if the Hardware and Devices set up using the HGI80 are different from those set up via the Script. I know some Devices are able to show 3 decimal places (e.g. Utility meters)
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 13th December 2016 at 12:37 AM.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Never run 'apt-get upgrade'
    Yeah, I typed upgrade by mistake. Old habit, especially as the two words are so similar.

But there was something wrong with my Pi anyway, so I'm doing a full dev build, with the HGI80 installed.

Perhaps I should take an image when I've finished - might save others a few hours work.

P.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I too use an HGI80 but can see only 1 decimal place on the Dashboard and Temperature pages (and graphs too). I'm currently on the latest stable Version: 3.5877

I wonder if the Hardware and Devices set up using the HGI80 are different from those set up via the Script. I know some Devices are able to show 3 decimal places (e.g. Utility meters)
    I'll take another look at the Domoticz code as I must have missed a decimal place setting somewhere. It's surprising that the Evohome devices show different numbers of decimal places in different installations as I thought the scripting and HGI80 device creation code was shared and the javascript/html code which controls the display screens doesn't distinguish between the different Evohome set-ups.

Dan

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    I'll take another look at the Domoticz code as I must have missed a decimal place setting somewhere. It's surprising that the Evohome devices show different numbers of decimal places in different installations as I thought the scripting and HGI80 device creation code was shared and the javascript/html code which controls the display screens doesn't distinguish between the different Evohome set-ups.

Dan
    Yes it is strange. With the Web API scripts I only see one decimal place on the little hovering info boxes on the temperature graphs but I definitely get two decimal places elsewhere, like Temperature and Dashboard:

Automated Home Legend

And here is mine, exact same version same screen but using the HGI80.

Attachment 889
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 13th December 2016 at 11:01 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Yeah, I typed upgrade by mistake. Old habit, especially as the two words are so similar.

But there was something wrong with my Pi anyway, so I'm doing a full dev build, with the HGI80 installed.

Perhaps I should take an image when I've finished - might save others a few hours work.

P.
    Paul I would be very interested in an image once you've done it. Tony.

Automated Home Guru

Hi,

I particularly enjoyed the earlier comments about a nerdy group dedicated to investigating this . Anyway, all the detailed posts have helped me track down where the Domoticz code implements the 0.1 rounding of the raw temperature values from the non-scripted Evohome temperatures. For those who are particularly interested, it's in Mainworker.cpp where the raw 4 digit temperatures are converted to 1dp (this explains why I missed it when I scoured the Evohome.cpp code). I'll submit an update to correct this and remove the rounding.

Thanks for providing all the detailed info.

Dan

Automated Home Legend

Dan, so is Mainworker not called when adding the Hardware, Devices and Temperature updates via the script

Automated Home Guru

Hi Bruce,

It's a little more complicated as Mainworker does get called when Evohome receives updates via the script, but the script only uses the data structure evohome1 for its updates. The HGI80 uses a different data structure (evohome2) for its zone temperature updates and it's the Mainworker processing code for this data structure that contains the 1dp rounding code. C++ programming is such fun !

Dan

Automated Home Legend

I'm glad you still find C++ fun, it drove me nuts when I had to learn it and use it. 25 years on, I am a lot happier that my livelihood didn't depend on my skill with C++.