• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theasman
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
    Yeah, I typed upgrade by mistake. Old habit, especially as the two words are so similar.

But there was something wrong with my Pi anyway, so I'm doing a full dev build, with the HGI80 installed.

Perhaps I should take an image when I've finished - might save others a few hours work.

P.
    Paul I would be very interested in an image once you've done it. Tony.

Comment

• DanD
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Feb 2016

Hi,

I particularly enjoyed the earlier comments about a nerdy group dedicated to investigating this . Anyway, all the detailed posts have helped me track down where the Domoticz code implements the 0.1 rounding of the raw temperature values from the non-scripted Evohome temperatures. For those who are particularly interested, it's in Mainworker.cpp where the raw 4 digit temperatures are converted to 1dp (this explains why I missed it when I scoured the Evohome.cpp code). I'll submit an update to correct this and remove the rounding.

Thanks for providing all the detailed info.

Dan

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Dan, so is Mainworker not called when adding the Hardware, Devices and Temperature updates via the script

Comment

• DanD
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Feb 2016

Hi Bruce,

It's a little more complicated as Mainworker does get called when Evohome receives updates via the script, but the script only uses the data structure evohome1 for its updates. The HGI80 uses a different data structure (evohome2) for its zone temperature updates and it's the Mainworker processing code for this data structure that contains the 1dp rounding code. C++ programming is such fun !

Dan

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

I'm glad you still find C++ fun, it drove me nuts when I had to learn it and use it. 25 years on, I am a lot happier that my livelihood didn't depend on my skill with C++.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Ada was my worst.

In fact, Ian Dury even wrote a song about it....

P.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Luckily I skipped it. But I did do PASCAL, which I understand it was based on. Infact just about 2/3 years ago I felt like I hadn't learnt a new language in the last decade, so picked up Python (my wife was thinking more along the lines of Spanish or German). Goodness have programming languages become easy and more complex as well.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

Yeah, I did quite a lot of Pascal when I worked in defence.

Well, they call it 'defence', but it's really 'offense', and after a while I found it offensive and left.

P.

Comment

• paulockenden
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by theasman View Post
                    Paul I would be very interested in an image once you've done it. Tony.
                    My build is currently at 27%. I may be some time...

Has anyone here played with cross-compilation?
                    Last edited by paulockenden; 13 December 2016, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• DanD
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Feb 2016

A quick update on the Domoticz 1 vs 2 decimal places difference between the API script and HGI80 functionality. The update to the code to retain the source 2 decimal places for the HGI80 functionality has been merged into the main Domoticz beta code and should be included in the next beta release within a week or so. HGI80 users will see their temperatures switch to 2 decimal places in the dashboard and temperature views (some of the other screens standardise their data to 1dp, but the underlying values are stored with 2dp).

Dan

Comment

• DanD
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Feb 2016

Hi,

I've been doing some testing comparing the temperatures reported by one of my HR92s and a couple of HR80s (v2.03 and v2.04). It looks like the HR92 reports temperatures in steps of 0.07 and the HR80s 0.06. What has particularly surprised me is the message frequency on the HR80s (I've only just got hold of these - thanks Bruce for the loan of the v2.04 one). The HR80s seem to send out their messages every 3-5mins irrespective of whether there's been any change in temperature. However, the HR92s adjust their message frequency based upon whether there's been any significant change in temperature ranging from 2-3mins to 20-40min.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X