• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freddyq
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2016

How to use 'Custom' quick action in evohome app

Hi all,

I've had my evohome system for a couple of weeks now and been messing around with the app getting to know the various options it offers. One thing I haven't quite got my head round is a use case for the custom quick action available in the app. Can anyone help explain the scenario in which I might use that?

TIA!
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by freddyq View Post
    Hi all,

I've had my evohome system for a couple of weeks now and been messing around with the app getting to know the various options it offers. One thing I haven't quite got my head round is a use case for the custom quick action available in the app. Can anyone help explain the scenario in which I might use that?

TIA!
    I originally set mine up for if my son was on dayshift at the weekend. The schedule would be different to a Mon to Fri work day as I wouldn't be at work.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Mine is set to a general override for downstairs if I want all heating on when schedules may otherwise have it off. But like you I could not see a lot of use for it as it is. One of the other functions has an override to run a particular day's schedule. Saturday is the default. I have absolutely no use for that. With the arrival of the Echo Dot I have better control. I have set up a group called "Boost" which I can call up to have certain radiators come one. I no don't will create others but Echo does give me better control for collective or group functions.

Comment

• freddyq
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2016

Interesting use as an override for all of downstairs. I can see me using that at least on occasion. I know about the other quick action which applies Saturdays schedule but if Saturdays schedule (or any other days for that matter) isn't quite sufficient then you're still stuck. So I might give the downstairs idea a go.

I like the way you're using the Dot for boosting heating. I'm waiting for the Google home to come out here next year which should give me similar possibilities.

Comment

Working...
        X