• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Slow Internet Connection

A friend of mine has recently installed the Honeywell/Evohome security system. He does not have Evohome for his heating. Asking him about he is very pleased with the system itself but described the App as slow, not always connecting quickly to the Internet and sometimes returning a no connection message despite there being no problems with other devices in his home. The same symtpoms I often have, mainly since the last upgrade to the App. Anybody else suffering similar? I can be at home and the App tells me there is no connection when clearly there is and the Panel says there is a strong connection to the router. Away from home it seems to be harder to connect to my system than it was before. It is not something that is there everyday but I'd say crops up two or three times a week resulting in repeated tries to connect including exiting the app and going back in. My friend seems to be experiencing exactly the same. Hence I wonder what others are experiencing.
  • peterf
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

I've certainly experienced a very variable response from the security part of the app. Once on the security part, with the app fully loaded, it can take anything up to 70 seconds to return the alarm state and around 20 seconds appears to be the best time when connected on the home network or 4G.
    I'm confident that this isn't down to the broadband connection as the controller box is connected to a gigabit network which itself connects to a fibre-to-premises synchronous broadband.
    As I write, the response is in the 20 seconds bracket which, I suppose, if you think what has to occur to get the response back to your device, is Ok.
    I'm most aware of longer delays either first thing in the morning or last thing at night but, of course, that's when I most use the app. I've wondered if the delays coincide with the US coming home or going to bed, assuming that that's where the relevant servers are based.

Comment

Working...
    X