• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordonb3
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2016

Confused about Evohome local override

For some reason I'm not able to change a set point by turning a dial on the HR92s or Y87RF. Most of the times that is. When turning the dial on the Y87RF for which I explicitly disallowed local override and back on again the display shows me '--,-'. Sometimes all of a sudden I can change the numbers though. Anyone have any clue what could be going on? Could this be an RF communication issue?
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I didn't think disable local override worked with the Y87RF ???

(I might be wrong!)

P.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
      For some reason I'm not able to change a set point by turning a dial on the HR92s or Y87RF. Most of the times that is. When turning the dial on the Y87RF for which I explicitly disallowed local override and back on again the display shows me '--,-'.
      I don't understand - you have explicitly disallowed local override but then wonder why you can't do a local override ?

If you disable local override in the zone configuration in the installer menu it locks both HR92's and DTS92's in the zone against any adjustments made directly on those devices. (You can still override the zone with the main controller or phone apps) The Y87RF I'm not sure about though - there has been at least one report that Y87RF's don't honour the "local override disable" configuration setting, but I don't have any to test with myself. I can confirm it works with the DTS92 though.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 21 December 2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• gordonb3
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2016

Let me try to explain better.

It did not work from any of the HR92s. It did not work from the Y87RF. The central controller however shows for each zone that local override is permitted. So I disabled that for the zone where the Y87RF is in and then enabled it back again to force it rather than rely on what seems to be a default assumption that it is permitted.

And in fact right after I did that, I could set a different target temperature on the Y87RF. This morning however it did not and it showed me the '--,-' display again when I touched the dial. What does that screen mean?

Comment

Working...
        X