Evohome - at what time does Away mode end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotor
    Automated Home Guru
    • Aug 2015

Evohome - at what time does Away mode end?

Hi folks,

If my Away mode says "AWAY ACTIVE UNTIL 31 DEC", does that mean that it ends on Midnight of the night before 31 Dec, or does it end at midnight at the *end* of 31 Dec? Put another way: if I return to my house on 31 Dec at 2pm, will the house be warm, or freezing?

Thanks!
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

There's only one way to find out.... ;-)

Seriously, I've always assumed that the 'until' is the end of the period. So it'll stay in away mode until the END of the day specified.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rotor View Post
      Hi folks,

If my Away mode says "AWAY ACTIVE UNTIL 31 DEC", does that mean that it ends on Midnight of the night before 31 Dec, or does it end at midnight at the *end* of 31 Dec? Put another way: if I return to my house on 31 Dec at 2pm, will the house be warm, or freezing?

Thanks!
      If you set AWAY until 31 Dec it will disable away at the midnight that transitions from the 30th to the 31st. So your house will be warm when you return.

The easy way to get this clear in your mind is to hold down away in the UI which by default will enable away until the following day - it will also tell you how many more hours away will be active. If I do that right now it says Friday 30th December (4 hours) - eg by choosing tomorrow it is going to cancel at midnight tonight as it changes to tomorrow.

Personally I don't use any of the timed quick actions (except timed custom mode for going to bed early) as I find it much easier to simply turn the heating back on via the smart phone app before I head back home.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 29 December 2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• rotor
        Automated Home Guru
        • Aug 2015

And DBMandrake is the winner! At exactly midnight transitioning from the 30th to the 31st, Evohome returned to "Following Schedule" mode, and my house was nice and warm when I returned on the afternoon of the 31st.

Comment

Working...
        X