• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

DTS92E low battery alert not clearing

Must be my day for new Evohome issues!

I've just had a low battery alert on one of my DTS92E thermostats which was confirmed on the unit itself.

I replaced the batteries and the unit re-synced itself back with the controller successfully, however the low battery alarm in still showing in the zone display after several hours.

Is there any experience of such an issue as I would have thought the alarm would clear itself very quickly?

Backstop plan is to leave it overnight and then re-pair but this seems to be an overkill!

Chris

Latest: re-pairing did not clear the low battery icon from the zone! Do I have to delete the zone - really?
    Last edited by chrisgare; 2 January 2017, 07:27 PM.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Did you try clearing the fault logbook ?

Also I've seen it written somewhere (by DanD ?) that devices only send out their battery status once every 24 hours. So you might need to wait that long if clearing the fault logbook doesn't work. Or remove the batteries from the DTS92 and refit them a second time in case the initial battery status message didn't get through.

Comment

• chrisgare
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post

Also I've seen it written somewhere (by DanD ?) that devices only send out their battery status once every 24 hours. So you might need to wait that long if clearing the fault logbook doesn't work. Or remove the batteries from the DTS92 and refit them a second time in case the initial battery status message didn't get through.
      Ah, haven't found that observation. I will wait 24 hours to see what happens as it doesn't affect operation unlike the 'stopped clock' mystery! It seem [very] strange that it is only sent after a 24 hour delay though. However, nothing surprises me much these days. BTW, I've had three gas related software issues today then - my 3rd was that my NorthQ gas monitor posted gas usage 100 times greater than it should be at 15:00. Again weird but there we are.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Not sure about DTS92 but HR92's apparently send a battery status on initial startup and sync and then every 24 hours thereafter. If that initial transmission went missing then you'd either need to restart it again or wait the 24 hours.

Not sure if this also applies to a DTS92 though. Neither of mine have experienced low battery conditions yet.

Comment

• chrisgare
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post

Duh - that did it! Well done, never checked that!

Comment

Working...
          X