• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redw0001
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2004

Low level wash lighting for Bathroom

Has anybody installed low level wash lighting in a bathroom? I'm interested in what products you used. I'm fed up with being rudely awaken due to brightness if I need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. So I saw some eyelid LEDs in a posh bathroom shop but they were £200 for the lights and £90 for the PIR because "it was special" and that's about all I could get from them.

I've been trawling the internet most of morning for something neat and this is as good as I've got so far...

Sensio Nimbus 6 Pack - £33
    Sensio PIR Sensor - £28

These together seem to make up a solution but, the one's I saw had an eyelid which means all the light went down to the floor. I found one that looked the part - (ILS EYELID1W) but the LEDs were £94 each! Also another on mr-resistor that I like and at a more 'reasonable' £39 each. Both had to have driver and PIR extra.

If anyone has come up with a good solution with nice looking lights I'd really appreciate some idea of what you ended up with.

robin
    Last edited by redw0001; 8 January 2017, 04:43 PM.
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I have one of these on the wall above the loo, about a foot above head height. It's enough light for an accurately aimed pee, but not enough to wake me up fully.

No automation of course - you have to press it! I tried sensor light, but the batteries don't seem to last. By Dot-It seems to go for about two years on a set of batteries.

P.

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

Haven't done it, but considered something similar for lighting the stairs without turning on a "big" light.
      My plan was to use rope light (e.g. https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...LED/index.html) and suitable sensors.

Was inspired by posts / sites such as these:
      My friend, and HacDC cohort, Erica Kane, put together this wonderful set of automated LED stairs together after seeing this post on MAKE. It is programmable to any user-defined light intervals and sequences.

How to 'bling' Up a Boring Staircase: Well why indeed, Well why not! This project has 2 distinct appeals to me. 1) For me, it does jazz up a very plain area of the house. It also does it in a way that is unique (I'm not aware you can buy this sort of thing from the local hardware or…

Maybe hide the LEDs / rope light under the sink, behind the loo, etc.?

HTH,
      Tim.
      Last edited by TimH; 4 February 2017, 09:42 PM.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
      X