Thread: Replacing X10 with zwave

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Replacing X10 with zwave

I've still a number of DIN mounted X10 switches and dimmers (AD10 / LD11's?) that I'd like to replace with zwave. Looking at these Qubino and Haseman units it would seem that these could be a direct replacement to the X10 unit with no re-wiring. I'm tempted by the Qubino ones - smaller and have addition of temp sensing and power monitoring - but does anyone have any experience of using them or any other Qubino / Haseman products? Reliable?

Malcolm

Automated Home Jr Member

I also found this post which is a Fibaro unit mounted inside a DIN enclosure which I think is what the Haseman unit is. It's not particularly tidy though as the cover can't be fitted as the Fibaro dimmer is too 'fat'.

Automated Home Jr Member

X10
    Uses simple bit patterns on the power line to transmit ON/OFF commands to devices. No checking is performed on the data with 1X speed and you can install 1to 3 rooms and maximum devices 256.
    Z-Wave
    Uses data packets similar to Ethernet. Each packet includes a check for reliable transmissions with 32 X speed maximum devices

Unlimited, Mesh Network, Firmware Upgradable, Device Status Polling, Remote Device Diagnostics all the facilities you will get in Z - Wave.
    Go For Z-WAVE ALL THE BEST

Automated Home Lurker

Replacing your outdated x10 with zwave is probably a good idea.

I have heard good thing about Quibino. Not too sure about Hasemen