Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome HR92s - Binding/Unbinding

Automated Home Legend

Default Evohome HR92s - Binding/Unbinding

After 3 weeks of Evohome heating, I have concluded that I need to 'move' an HR92 from one zone to another. What is the easiest way of doing this? I am not keen on having to reset the whole system as it is working really well. All 12 zones are in use.

Automated Home Legend

Got it sorted with a little help from Evohome Technical. I deleted one zone as a trial. Unfortunately, I couldn't get an unbound indication so I had to ring Evohome for advice. My problem was that I hadn't given the HR92 enough time to re-act. I deleted the second zone, waited, created a new zone and then BIND (ed) the 3 HR92s to it.

Deleting a zone also unbounded the zone using the Evohome controller as its sensor. Quickly resolved.

Finally, for those wondering, in a zone with more than one HR92, the first HR92 acts as the room sensor.

Great update. Because its wireless, you really can't do any 'damage' - so its nice to see people being able to explore the system.

One bit of advice - (this is personal experience) - I hard reset the Hr92's - (same process as binding but hold button down on binding for 15 secs)

Second bit of advice - watch our for 'zone memory' - the evohome or the gateway may try an 'remember the old Hr92 info. So you may get a log entry which says its cant find - dont panic! - say ok and forget. Its only ever an issue if it keeps coming back - this is a rare occurance and many of the recent firmware updates removed this.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Rameses

When I spoke to one of your colleagues yesterday he was quick to confirm that, in a zone with multi HR92s, the first bound HR92 acts as the room temperature sensor. I have a wood-burning stove in the room which we use from time to time. I am not sure that the info given is correct as I deliberately configured the zone with the TRV closest to the stove bound first. The room temp on the controller barely moved despite the HR92s' proximity to the stove.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Rameses

When I spoke to one of your colleagues yesterday he was quick to confirm that, in a zone with multi HR92s, the first bound HR92 acts as the room temperature sensor. I have a wood-burning stove in the room which we use from time to time. I am not sure that the info given is correct as I deliberately configured the zone with the TRV closest to the stove bound first. The room temp on the controller barely moved despite the HR92s' proximity to the stove.
    The info given is correct. I know this as in my install I have a room with a radiator which as a cover - so I use the uncovered radiator as the main room sensor.

Couple of things you can do to 'check'

- on the HR92 setting adjust the display to show the room temp it is sensing - not the target temp (this should help you identify which one you are 'binding'
    - go back into evohome advanced settings, edit zone, choose sensor - then rebind in the HR92 you want as the main sensor (this will become rooms main sensor)

I cannot comment on the proximity or what output your stove was 'doing' - the choice of sensor can be down to many things - eg some users would uses the sensor of the furthest radiator. (looking at room circulation - this would be one of the first places to receive benefit of your stoves output - ie through air induction and not radiation. As long as there is good ventilation and space around the sensor - you wont go far wrong - whatever you choose - if the stove impacts the rooms majority and average temp then the HR92 wherever located will pick it up
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Rameses - thanks again.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    - go back into evohome advanced settings, edit zone, choose sensor - then rebind in the HR92 you want as the main sensor (this will become rooms main sensor) I
    Rameses - is this the trick to changing HR92s around? I can see that the HR92 is simpler to the HR80 as it does the implicit sensor bind for the first HR92 whereas you have to explicitly bind the HR80 sensor separately. But effectively from your comment you can also do the separate sensor bind on an HR92 at any time and so change which one is the sensor without having to delete the zone? Or am I mistaken?? Cheers

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    The info given is correct. I know this as in my install I have a room with a radiator which as a cover - so I use the uncovered radiator as the main room sensor.

Couple of things you can do to 'check'

- on the HR92 setting adjust the display to show the room temp it is sensing - not the target temp (this should help you identify which one you are 'binding'
    - go back into evohome advanced settings, edit zone, choose sensor - then rebind in the HR92 you want as the main sensor (this will become rooms main sensor)

I cannot comment on the proximity or what output your stove was 'doing' - the choice of sensor can be down to many things - eg some users would uses the sensor of the furthest radiator. (looking at room circulation - this would be one of the first places to receive benefit of your stoves output - ie through air induction and not radiation. As long as there is good ventilation and space around the sensor - you wont go far wrong - whatever you choose - if the stove impacts the rooms majority and average temp then the HR92 wherever located will pick it up
    Rameses
    I have tow radiators in my conservatory to which I have fitted HR92 controllers, I have bound them both within 1 zone, all is well part from one of them does not get hot. I have removed this controller and the rad heats up but when I fit controller again it goes cold so somehow it is not operating valve any ideas. Have done something wrong in setup
    Many Thanks

The motor is designed to push 90 neutons of pressure (that's quite a lot and not bad for a quiet motor run by batteries) but even occasionally a sticky valve or duff pin can get the better of it. Which sounds like what you are describing. Or we have had some cases where the valve thread was higher than standard so the pin never made contact with the Hr92. Very rare though. So you might want to check here first.

Presume you have checked the HR92 is working etc . .? (makings small noises, display ok, swapped them around etc) Regardless whether its bound with evohome or not the TRV will actually work as independent TRV. So moving the dial etc will raise / lower pin as per normal.
    Last edited by Rameses; 15th December 2014 at 09:37 PM.