• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdp80
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2016

Toddler 1 - HGI80 Nil

Was mystified to see - "Sensor error - Bedroom 2" appear on the controller - all was explained when I went into toddler's bedroom after his nap..

Anyone know if spare parts are available for HR92s?
    Last edited by jdp80; 22 January 2017, 08:09 PM.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Probably not, but what part do you think you need ?

I see the screen has been ripped off, but apart from that does the screen and the ribbon cable look ok ?

One of mine was accidentally knocked hard by some furniture being moved and it pulled the screen right out, ribbon cable included, however the screen and cable were miraculously not damaged, as the ribbon cable just pulled out of its socket inside the main body.

I was able to take the HR92 apart and refit the screen and it has worked fine since. It's a bit of a fiddly job getting it apart (more-so getting it back together) but if you've got nothing to lose and take your time you may be successful.

Comment

• jdp80
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2016

Yeah the screen was ripped off and the ribbon cable was severed in the process. I dismantled it but I don't think the ribbon cable can be replaced or resoldered

I suspect I will be ordering a new HR92 and the anti vandalism shield tomorrow!
      Luckily I can reorient the others to face the wall but to anyone with an inquisitive toddler who's just moved into a bed.. be warned!

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Sorry, for some reason I didn't notice the ribbon was torn in half in your picture! Whoops...(I thought maybe it had some black tape around it)

Yes the screen attachment is a bit delicate on the HR92 - especially if you extend it without the wedge shaped brace, its just asking to be knocked off with a sideways bump, as there are only two tiny plastic bumps for hinge pins. The incident that occurred with mine happened even with the wedge shaped support brace in place.

I have a 9 month old who has already figured out how to turn the dial on the living room HR92, so who knows how long until he is ripping the screen off...!
        Last edited by DBMandrake; 22 January 2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• PaulB
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Sep 2015

I'm looking at getting some of these, although they've been showing as 'Stock Available Soon' for a while...

I have a now very curious 14month old crawling about who has shown some interest in the ones in the living room & her own room. My only concern is how would this affect the accuracy and responsiveness to temperature changes than without the jacket being fitted.

I've already turned off local override on all zones & in her room fitted a seperate T87 onto the wall, which annoyingly and unknown to me before using, completely ignores the Local Override setting from the Evohome Controller...
          Last edited by PaulB; 23 January 2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
            I'm looking at getting some of these, although they've been showing as 'Stock Available Soon' for a while...

I would email Richard and ask about them - I recently needed a single HR92 and it also said "Stock Available Soon", it turns out he had some but hadn't had a chance to update the website that day!
            I have a now very curious 14month old crawling about who has shown some interest in the ones in the living room & her own room. My only concern is how would this affect the accuracy and responsiveness to temperature changes than without the jacket being fitted.
            Good point about the temperature sensor effect - does anyone know where the sensor is in an HR92 ? I've had one apart but didn't notice one, I assume it's just a chip on the board. Are there actual air holes for it to get air flow through inside the case or is it effectively just measuring the case temperature from the inside ?

Curious doesn't even begin to describe my 9 month old boy. In about a month he's gone from learning to crawl to climbing up and standing against everything and everything he can see is fair game to be picked up, grabbed, shaken, turned, pushed, pulled, he just does not stop any time he's awake and free to move... I think he's knocked my Virgin Superhub over, on purpose, about 50 times now. (I just leave it lying on its side now and it no longer interests him) The Echo Dot was irresistible for him too and had to be moved to a high shelf.

He's turned the HR92 knob a few times now, I may have to set it to locked soon...
            I've already turned off local override on all zones & in her room fitted a seperate T87 onto the wall, which annoyingly and unknown to me before using, completely ignores the Local Override setting from the Evohome Controller...
            I have the opposite problem - I have a DTS92 in the living room and if I lock local override in that zone to lock the HR92 from the boy playing with it at ground level it also prevents me from making adjustments on the DTS92 which is way up on the wall out of his reach! I'd quite like to be able to lock only the HR92 so I can still use the DTS92, otherwise what's the point of having buttons and a display...

There doesn't seem to be a way to do that though.
            Last edited by DBMandrake; 23 January 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

I don't know about the HR92. but the HR80 will work quite happily without the screen (or even the motor) even installed on the body. I had dismantled an HR80 once and wanted the smallest temperature sensor package. So I just took the HR80 PCB and powered it from a 2xAA battery pack. Worked fine.

Comment

• sandyman
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Mar 2016

did anyone find a way to get a new ribbon cable? I crashed the hoover into one last friday, ribbon cable snapped clean through as the screen fell off :-(.

Comment

Working...
                X