• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smar
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2018

Hi @dty

I haven't been able to get "sending" working with your firmware running on an arduino nano (using @petep's nano files). Receiving works absolutely fine. I've tried various baud rates from 78600 all the way to 250000, but still nothing on the send. As soon as I install @petep's fifo branch, sending works immediately.

However, pete's fifo branch does not seem to receive anything from my HCC80 ufh controller, whereas your firmware immediately receives heat demand data from the HCC80 (including the different zones being controlled by the HCC80).

Do you have any suggestions of things I could try to get sending working with your firmware? Unfortunately I don't know enough about how the radio system works to make a guess as to what to tweak etc.

TIA.

Comment

• ukhauk
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2006

Doing some research could it be that level shifting is required between the 5v Nano and the 3.3v CC1101 ? have a look at this diagram on Simon Monks github https://github.com/simonmonk/CC1101_arduino

some folks saying its necessary which I could see being an issue

Comment

• smar
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Feb 2018

Thanks for the headsup on this. I'll look into it further when I get a bit more time.

Comment

• MaikelK
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by smar View Post
          No, I'm running on an Arduino. Heat demand readout is given directly by the python script, but I do use openHAB (another home automation system, similar idea to Domoticz) to log/graph the data, and also for controlling specific evohome events, such as turning heating off when no one at home for an extended period of time etc. As the data is being published onto MQTT, you should be able to use it with almost any home automation system.
          Hi smar,

Would you be able to share your full code and which arduino and c1101 units you used including how you wired it?

I ordered an Arduino Nano and C1101 unit(the green square one on aliexpress) and would love to get this running.

Heating season has started again and i want to know which zone is doing what, maybe we can reduce our gas usage a little!

I have no good skills in coding unfortunatly!

Thanks!

Ps: i didnt recieved any notifications so i hope i Will get them now!

Comment

• MaikelK
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by MaikelK View Post
            Hi smar,

Would you be able to share your full code and which arduino and c1101 units you used including how you wired it?
            I have it wired up, and think i did it correctly.
            But now the hardest part for me, installing the firmware to get stuff running.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Comment

• minthemerciless
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2019

Hi all,

I haven't posted here but have been reading this thread for quite a while. If I'm asking in the wrong place, feel free to redirect me, but this seems like a good source of knowledge. I currently have a HGI80 connected to a Raspberry Pi successfully reading data from a WiFi Evohome controller and associated other components through Node Red. What I cannot, for the life of me, get working is transmitting data and getting a response from the controller or other components. Is there a know issue here that I have missed, i.e. is it even possible. I have proved that my data is transmitted over serial to the HGI80 but have no way of proving the HGI80 is transmitting anything. Any info would be very appreciated.

Comment

• DanD
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Feb 2016

@minthemerciless,

I haven't messed much with Node Red, so can't tell you specifically where you'll need to tweak the configuration and I'm not 100% sure this is causing sending to fail. However, for the HGI80 to actually send a message you need to specify a very specific device ID in any messages you want it to send and this isn't necessary for simply receiving messages. The device ID is 0x4802DA or 18:730 depending on the format needed by Node Red.

Hope this is of some help.

Dan

Comment

• DanD
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Feb 2016

Originally posted by MaikelK View Post
                  I have it wired up, and think i did it correctly.
                  But now the hardest part for me, installing the firmware to get stuff running.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.
                  I'd use the Arduino IDE (download from their website) and install it on whatever machine you have available to connect to your Nano. Once you've been able to successfully connect to the Nano within the Arduino IDE and uploaded one of the many test scripts, you can then upload the firmware previously linked. Hopefully, if it all works, you've then got a functioning serial device which can communicate with your Evohome system.

Dan

Comment

• minthemerciless
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by DanD View Post
                    @minthemerciless,

I haven't messed much with Node Red, so can't tell you specifically where you'll need to tweak the configuration and I'm not 100% sure this is causing sending to fail. However, for the HGI80 to actually send a message you need to specify a very specific device ID in any messages you want it to send and this isn't necessary for simply receiving messages. The device ID is 0x4802DA or 18:730 depending on the format needed by Node Red.

Hope this is of some help.

Dan
                    Hi Dan, I have tried sending the data below over serial to HGI80, expecting a response from the controller but had no such luck.

"RQ --- 18:730 01:172240 --:------ 0404 007 00200008000100"

request, from 18:730 (HGI80) to 01:172240 (my controller id), blank address, schedule command (0404), length (7 bytes), zone (00), 20000800, packet (1), total (0).

This is based on the backup schedule python script on github and I think it should work.

I think this might be yours Dan?

The controller was purchased earlier this year. Do you know of any changes that may mean the recent controllers don't work with the HGI80?

thanks again for the help

Comment

• minthemerciless
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by minthemerciless View Post
                      Hi Dan, I have tried sending the data below over serial to HGI80, expecting a response from the controller but had no such luck.

"RQ --- 18:730 01:172240 --:------ 0404 007 00200008000100"

request, from 18:730 (HGI80) to 01:172240 (my controller id), blank address, schedule command (0404), length (7 bytes), zone (00), 20000800, packet (1), total (0).

This is based on the backup schedule python script on github and I think it should work.

I think this might be yours Dan?

The controller was purchased earlier this year. Do you know of any changes that may mean the recent controllers don't work with the HGI80?

thanks again for the help

Hello again,

I have finally managed to get my controller to respond with schedule info. Yay! It looks like the address was the issue. When I tried it before I had changed my node red flow and removed the link to the serial transmit node, Doh!

The help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• minthemerciless
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2019

Now I can retrieve what I believe to be schedule data, my next challenge is to decode it. The first 14 nibbles look to be very similar to the payload of the request. Based on the Evohome_schedule_backup.py on GitHub, I think these 14 nibbles should be removed and the remaining data is the useful schedule data. Can anyone confirm this? It's the part at the start of the data that looks like '00200008000100'.

Comment

• DanD
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Feb 2016

@minthemerciless

If you're using the Python code for schedule backup from my Github area, it decodes the messages and stores all the setpoints in a TXT file. You'll see from the Python code that the structure of these messages isn't straightforward to decode as the schedule information has been zlib compressed and the compressed stream split up into smaller blocks. The Python code puts each of the blocks back into a single string which can then be decompressed.

I'm not clear on what your overall objective is with the serial device you've constructed and Node Red setup? My Python schedule backup and restore scripts are just prototypes which demonstrate how the detailed schedule information can be requested from the controller, amended and then written back. I don't think anyone has implemented this functionality within the Node Red flows, but I may be wrong. I had planned to integrate this functionality into the Evohome Domoticz code, but haven't yet been able to progress this as it will require a significant update to the code.

Dan

Comment

• minthemerciless
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Mar 2019

@DanD

I'm currently using the Python code as a template/ guide to implement a similar thing in Node Red. I would like to be able to implement the backup/ restore functionality through Node Red. This would allow for multiple schedules and automated modifications through Node Red. I am also not aware of anyone who has done this in Node Red.
                            I have not done much python coding so your script is a bit alien to me. Do you have a description of the packet structure?

Thanks again for the assistance.

Rob

Comment

• DanD
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Feb 2016

@minthemerciless

Great, thanks for the explanation of what you're implementing. I'd misinterpreted your earlier message and just thought you were trying to get the basic functionality working in Node Red. You've probably already seen this info, but here are all the details available on the message structure which a couple of us worked on over on the Domoticz forum (look at the last 5-6 posts).

I hope this is of some use.

Dan

Comment

• minthemerciless
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Mar 2019

@DanD, very useful link, thanks. So I'm reasonably confident with my data. I now need a way of decompressing the data. On to the next stage.

Comment

Working...
                                X