Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: My HGI80 equivalent Domoticz setup without HGI80

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry, you can ignore the specific first device ID and any 18:XXXXXX value should work with your nano serial device (obviously if you're using a HGI80 you must use 18:730). You just need to use the correct ID for your controller in the second device ID and it should all work OK. You'll see the setpoint change eventually appear on the zone sensor (HR92 etc), controller and via the app within a few minutes, it's not instantaneous as the change can only be sent from the controller during the zone sensor's next wake period.
    Are the additional flags at the end of the massage used to set the timing for the override?

Automated Home Guru

Good idea, but no, the 3 bytes at the end of these shorter 7 byte messages always seem to be FFFFFF. The timed overrides are sent in longer 13 byte messages using the same command 0x2349. Most of the known command/message structures are all implemented in the Domoticz EvohomeRadio.cpp code. There are a few of the ones we've decoded still to be added, for example the schedule command 0x0404 and they're on my to-do list, if I ever find sufficient spare time .

Automated Home Jr Member

Good idea, but no, the 3 bytes at the end of these shorter 7 byte messages always seem to be FFFFFF. The timed overrides are sent in longer 13 byte messages using the same command 0x2349. Most of the known command/message structures are all implemented in the Domoticz EvohomeRadio.cpp code. There are a few of the ones we've decoded still to be added, for example the schedule command 0x0404 and they're on my to-do list, if I ever find sufficient spare time .
    I had a dig around in the Domoticz source and found some of the decoding stuff. Managed to get the override working. I can now set overrides for each room from the node red dashboard with a slider. I'm very happy with this progress. I can't thank you enough Dan Next step will be timed overrides/ temperature boost. Also, when I can, get more of the lights on WiFi.

Automated Home Jr Member

I have had a look at the domoticz code and I'm finding it very hard to decipher how the date and time are formatted for a time based setpoint override. Could you give a me a description of how it's done?

Automated Home Guru

Yes, the c++ code is very modular and it can take a very, very long time to hunt down the exact details of command structures.

Hopefully the example timed setpoint override with decode below helps (note-the times are 24h clock):

Code:
    Example timed setpoint override message (command 0x2349):
    W --- 18:002858 01:073076 --:------ 2349 013 0104B004FFFFFF320B0D0B07E3

Payload (hex) decode info:
    01     : Zone = 2 (n+1)
    04B0   : Setpoint = 12.00deg (1200)
    04     : Override type = Timed 
    FFFFFF : Additional flags, meaning unknown
    32     : Time = 50 (minutes)
    0B     : Time = 11 (hours)
    0D     : Date = 13 (day)
    0B     : Date = 11 (month)
    07E3   : Date = 2019 (year)

Automated Home Jr Member

Yes, the c++ code is very modular and it can take a very, very long time to hunt down the exact details of command structures.

Hopefully the example timed setpoint override with decode below helps (note-the times are 24h clock):

Code:
    Example timed setpoint override message (command 0x2349):
    W --- 18:002858 01:073076 --:------ 2349 013 0104B004FFFFFF320B0D0B07E3

Payload (hex) decode info:
    01     : Zone = 2 (n+1)
    04B0   : Setpoint = 12.00deg (1200)
    04     : Override type = Timed 
    FFFFFF : Additional flags, meaning unknown
    32     : Time = 50 (minutes)
    0B     : Time = 11 (hours)
    0D     : Date = 13 (day)
    0B     : Date = 11 (month)
    07E3   : Date = 2019 (year)

Excellent, got it working. Along with the cancel override too. Thanks again.

For anyone that's interested, there's now a project by zxdavb to use HGI80 on home assistant, see the following forum thread
    https://community.home-assistant.io/...0-hgs80/151584