Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 216

Thread: My HGI80 equivalent Domoticz setup without HGI80

  1. #181
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry, you can ignore the specific first device ID and any 18:XXXXXX value should work with your nano serial device (obviously if you're using a HGI80 you must use 18:730). You just need to use the correct ID for your controller in the second device ID and it should all work OK. You'll see the setpoint change eventually appear on the zone sensor (HR92 etc), controller and via the app within a few minutes, it's not instantaneous as the change can only be sent from the controller during the zone sensor's next wake period.
    Are the additional flags at the end of the massage used to set the timing for the override?

  2. #182
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Good idea, but no, the 3 bytes at the end of these shorter 7 byte messages always seem to be FFFFFF. The timed overrides are sent in longer 13 byte messages using the same command 0x2349. Most of the known command/message structures are all implemented in the Domoticz EvohomeRadio.cpp code. There are a few of the ones we've decoded still to be added, for example the schedule command 0x0404 and they're on my to-do list, if I ever find sufficient spare time .

  3. #183
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Good idea, but no, the 3 bytes at the end of these shorter 7 byte messages always seem to be FFFFFF. The timed overrides are sent in longer 13 byte messages using the same command 0x2349. Most of the known command/message structures are all implemented in the Domoticz EvohomeRadio.cpp code. There are a few of the ones we've decoded still to be added, for example the schedule command 0x0404 and they're on my to-do list, if I ever find sufficient spare time .
    I had a dig around in the Domoticz source and found some of the decoding stuff. Managed to get the override working. I can now set overrides for each room from the node red dashboard with a slider. I'm very happy with this progress. I can't thank you enough Dan Next step will be timed overrides/ temperature boost. Also, when I can, get more of the lights on WiFi.

  4. #184
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Good idea, but no, the 3 bytes at the end of these shorter 7 byte messages always seem to be FFFFFF. The timed overrides are sent in longer 13 byte messages using the same command 0x2349. Most of the known command/message structures are all implemented in the Domoticz EvohomeRadio.cpp code. There are a few of the ones we've decoded still to be added, for example the schedule command 0x0404 and they're on my to-do list, if I ever find sufficient spare time .

    I have had a look at the domoticz code and I'm finding it very hard to decipher how the date and time are formatted for a time based setpoint override. Could you give a me a description of how it's done?

  5. #185
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Yes, the c++ code is very modular and it can take a very, very long time to hunt down the exact details of command structures.

    Hopefully the example timed setpoint override with decode below helps (note-the times are 24h clock):

    Code:
    Example timed setpoint override message (command 0x2349):
    W --- 18:002858 01:073076 --:------ 2349 013 0104B004FFFFFF320B0D0B07E3
    
    Payload (hex) decode info:
    01     : Zone = 2 (n+1)
    04B0   : Setpoint = 12.00deg (1200)
    04     : Override type = Timed 
    FFFFFF : Additional flags, meaning unknown
    32     : Time = 50 (minutes)
    0B     : Time = 11 (hours)
    0D     : Date = 13 (day)
    0B     : Date = 11 (month)
    07E3   : Date = 2019 (year)

  6. #186
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Yes, the c++ code is very modular and it can take a very, very long time to hunt down the exact details of command structures.

    Hopefully the example timed setpoint override with decode below helps (note-the times are 24h clock):

    Code:
    Example timed setpoint override message (command 0x2349):
    W --- 18:002858 01:073076 --:------ 2349 013 0104B004FFFFFF320B0D0B07E3
    
    Payload (hex) decode info:
    01     : Zone = 2 (n+1)
    04B0   : Setpoint = 12.00deg (1200)
    04     : Override type = Timed 
    FFFFFF : Additional flags, meaning unknown
    32     : Time = 50 (minutes)
    0B     : Time = 11 (hours)
    0D     : Date = 13 (day)
    0B     : Date = 11 (month)
    07E3   : Date = 2019 (year)

    Excellent, got it working. Along with the cancel override too. Thanks again.

  7. #187

    Default

    For anyone that's interested, there's now a project by zxdavb to use HGI80 on home assistant, see the following forum thread
    https://community.home-assistant.io/...0-hgs80/151584

  8. #188
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I can suggest people check out / contribute to:
    https://github.com/Evsdd/The-Evohome-Protocol/wiki

    which aims to document the RAMSES-II protocol, and also my code at:
    https://github.com/zxdavb/evohome_rf...ome/parsers.py

    which is hoping to be accessible for less experienced coders (it is in Python), for example:

    Code:
    def parser_2349(payload, msg) -> Optional[dict]:  # zone_mode
        assert msg.verb in [" I", "RP"]
        assert len(payload) / 2 in [7, 13]
        assert payload[6:8] in list(ZONE_MODE_MAP)
        assert payload[8:14] == "FFFFFF"
    
        return {
            "zone_idx": payload[:2],
            "setpoint": _cent(payload[2:6]),
            "mode": ZONE_MODE_MAP.get(payload[6:8]),
            "until": _dtm(payload[14:26]) if payload[6:8] == "04" else None,
        }
    Last edited by zxdavb; 7th February 2020 at 10:22 AM.

  9. #189
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I have successfully managed to get an Raspberry Pi,Arduino Nano and CC1101 to drive the evohome python listener. Took some tweaks and it seems to hang whenever I get a "manchester encoding error" which is about once a day.

    I am interested in porting the arduino firmware to ESP32, (with the intent of getting rid of the arduino and then the raspberry pi). Is anyone else looking at this?

  10. #190
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcreager View Post
    I have successfully managed to get an Raspberry Pi,Arduino Nano and CC1101 to drive the evohome python listener. Took some tweaks and it seems to hang whenever I get a "manchester encoding error" which is about once a day.

    I am interested in porting the arduino firmware to ESP32, (with the intent of getting rid of the arduino and then the raspberry pi). Is anyone else looking at this?
    I'm using a Raspberry Pi 2 with NanoCUL (Arduino Nano) with CC1101, evofw3 and zxdavb's python listener script. I have the listener script running as a systemd service logging 24/7 and am not having any problems with it hanging. It works great in fact and has been running continuously for more than a week without interruption now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •