Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: My HGI80 equivalent Domoticz setup without HGI80

Automated Home Jr Member

@dty's evofw2 requires minimal changes.

I had to modify config.h and Makefile and write a new hw/<target>.h file

Since your stick has a different adapter board between the nano and cc1101 it's possible that the configuration of GDO0/GDO1/GDO2 could be different.

You can see what I actually did here https://github.com/ghoti57/evofw2

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    There should be a hardware type called "Evohome via LAN". It was merged to the master branch months ago. I assume there's been a release since then.
    Turns out it wasn't merged to master and is still sitting on the development branch. There hasn't been a Domoticz release since last July, and I did this work in August. I guess it will be in the next release - or you can build your own Domoticz from the development branch if you're feeling brave!

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by petep View Post
    @dty's evofw2 requires minimal changes.

You can see what I actually did here https://github.com/ghoti57/evofw2
    Thanks for sharing this. I made some time yesterday to hook up the 3 euro cc1101 boards I received last week to an Arduino Uno (same MCU as nano). I matched the pins you used so no changes required.
    Worked at second attempt (apparently it needs power . Solid job on the firmware @dty!
    I do get regular start/stop bit errors and I'll try to look at the traffic in more detail later to see if there is any OT traffic.

Tom

Automated Home Legend

I have been able to get OT traffic but that uses the most bizarre register settings....But then there is a distinct drop in all other normal traffic. The DIY solution start reading the OT message but then it's not fully received.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

My cheapie turned up today. Haven’t had a chance to play yet, but grrrrrrr at the mini-USB socket when the rest of the world has moved on to micro-USB.

Automated Home Legend

yes a lot of my Arduino stuff still uses the mini....but the old dual usb cables we used to have to use for drives are handy especially when you need the extra current.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I used to play with Arduino stuff a lot, but it's all Pi and NodeMCU these days (both of which use the RIGHT connector!)

Automated Home Jr Member

I've just read every post in this long thread and wanted to thank you for all the tremendous hard work you guys have put into this!

I'm looking to get heating damand data into another home automation system (openHAB), and given the experiences you've all had so far, would you recommend the nanoCUL based solution or to go with the HGI80. Do the issues with start/stop bits warrant the extra spend on an HGI80?

I may also be changing my boiler in a few months time, and if so, may well look at openTherm as well. I read that there were some problems in receiving OT data, but was wondering if any of you have managed to progress any further on this?

Thanks again!

Automated Home Ninja

The HGI80 is the least risky route, but they are expensive (relatively) and hard to source.

petep has made some significant changes to my firmware which I need to test in an OpenTherm environment to see if they improve matters.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    petep has made some significant changes to my firmware which I need to test in an OpenTherm environment to see if they improve matters.
    That's great. In that case I might as well wait till you've had a chance to test out petep's changes. What about the issues with start/stop bits or are they not as much of an issue?