• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minthemerciless
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by DanD View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry, you can ignore the specific first device ID and any 18:XXXXXX value should work with your nano serial device (obviously if you're using a HGI80 you must use 18:730). You just need to use the correct ID for your controller in the second device ID and it should all work OK. You'll see the setpoint change eventually appear on the zone sensor (HR92 etc), controller and via the app within a few minutes, it's not instantaneous as the change can only be sent from the controller during the zone sensor's next wake period.
    Are the additional flags at the end of the massage used to set the timing for the override?

Comment

• DanD
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Feb 2016

Good idea, but no, the 3 bytes at the end of these shorter 7 byte messages always seem to be FFFFFF. The timed overrides are sent in longer 13 byte messages using the same command 0x2349. Most of the known command/message structures are all implemented in the Domoticz EvohomeRadio.cpp code. There are a few of the ones we've decoded still to be added, for example the schedule command 0x0404 and they're on my to-do list, if I ever find sufficient spare time .

Comment

• minthemerciless
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2019

Good idea, but no, the 3 bytes at the end of these shorter 7 byte messages always seem to be FFFFFF. The timed overrides are sent in longer 13 byte messages using the same command 0x2349. Most of the known command/message structures are all implemented in the Domoticz EvohomeRadio.cpp code. There are a few of the ones we've decoded still to be added, for example the schedule command 0x0404 and they're on my to-do list, if I ever find sufficient spare time .
        I had a dig around in the Domoticz source and found some of the decoding stuff. Managed to get the override working. I can now set overrides for each room from the node red dashboard with a slider. I'm very happy with this progress. I can't thank you enough Dan Next step will be timed overrides/ temperature boost. Also, when I can, get more of the lights on WiFi.

Comment

• minthemerciless
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2019

I have had a look at the domoticz code and I'm finding it very hard to decipher how the date and time are formatted for a time based setpoint override. Could you give a me a description of how it's done?

Comment

• DanD
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Feb 2016

Yes, the c++ code is very modular and it can take a very, very long time to hunt down the exact details of command structures.

Hopefully the example timed setpoint override with decode below helps (note-the times are 24h clock):

Code:
            Example timed setpoint override message (command 0x2349):
            W --- 18:002858 01:073076 --:------ 2349 013 0104B004FFFFFF320B0D0B07E3

Payload (hex) decode info:
            01     : Zone = 2 (n+1)
            04B0   : Setpoint = 12.00deg (1200)
            04     : Override type = Timed 
            FFFFFF : Additional flags, meaning unknown
            32     : Time = 50 (minutes)
            0B     : Time = 11 (hours)
            0D     : Date = 13 (day)
            0B     : Date = 11 (month)
            07E3   : Date = 2019 (year)

Comment

• minthemerciless
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2019

Yes, the c++ code is very modular and it can take a very, very long time to hunt down the exact details of command structures.

Hopefully the example timed setpoint override with decode below helps (note-the times are 24h clock):

Code:
              Example timed setpoint override message (command 0x2349):
              W --- 18:002858 01:073076 --:------ 2349 013 0104B004FFFFFF320B0D0B07E3

Payload (hex) decode info:
              01     : Zone = 2 (n+1)
              04B0   : Setpoint = 12.00deg (1200)
              04     : Override type = Timed 
              FFFFFF : Additional flags, meaning unknown
              32     : Time = 50 (minutes)
              0B     : Time = 11 (hours)
              0D     : Date = 13 (day)
              0B     : Date = 11 (month)
              07E3   : Date = 2019 (year)

Excellent, got it working. Along with the cancel override too. Thanks again.

Comment

• StuartP
                • Feb 2004

For anyone that's interested, there's now a project by zxdavb to use HGI80 on home assistant, see the following forum thread

Comment

• zxdavb
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Jan 2018

I can suggest people check out / contribute to:
                  RAMSES-II is a Honeywell RF protocol for HVAC and CH/DHW - zxdavb/ramses_protocol

which aims to document the RAMSES-II protocol, and also my code at:

which is hoping to be accessible for less experienced coders (it is in Python), for example:

Code:
                  def parser_2349(payload, msg) -> Optional[dict]:  # zone_mode
                      assert msg.verb in [" I", "RP"]
                      assert len(payload) / 2 in [7, 13]
                      assert payload[6:8] in list(ZONE_MODE_MAP)
                      assert payload[8:14] == "FFFFFF"

return {
                          "zone_idx": payload[:2],
                          "setpoint": _cent(payload[2:6]),
                          "mode": ZONE_MODE_MAP.get(payload[6:8]),
                          "until": _dtm(payload[14:26]) if payload[6:8] == "04" else None,
                      }
                  Last edited by zxdavb; 7 February 2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• dcreager
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2014

I have successfully managed to get an Raspberry Pi,Arduino Nano and CC1101 to drive the evohome python listener. Took some tweaks and it seems to hang whenever I get a "manchester encoding error" which is about once a day.

I am interested in porting the arduino firmware to ESP32, (with the intent of getting rid of the arduino and then the raspberry pi). Is anyone else looking at this?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dcreager View Post
                      I have successfully managed to get an Raspberry Pi,Arduino Nano and CC1101 to drive the evohome python listener. Took some tweaks and it seems to hang whenever I get a "manchester encoding error" which is about once a day.

I am interested in porting the arduino firmware to ESP32, (with the intent of getting rid of the arduino and then the raspberry pi). Is anyone else looking at this?
                      I'm using a Raspberry Pi 2 with NanoCUL (Arduino Nano) with CC1101, evofw3 and zxdavb's python listener script. I have the listener script running as a systemd service logging 24/7 and am not having any problems with it hanging. It works great in fact and has been running continuously for more than a week without interruption now.

Comment

• petep
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jan 2018

Make sure you pick a device that has a spare hardware UART you can interface to the CC1101.
                        There's potentially a much easier way to get the data from the radio

Comment

• dcreager
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2014

argh..,...I have got myself in a mess with the various firmware versions. I'll move to evofw3. That will teach me to read this long thread more carefully.

Comment

• petep
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Jan 2018

argh..,...I have got myself in a mess with the various firmware versions. I'll move to evofw3. That will teach me to read this long thread more carefully.
                            That may actually be the first reference to evofw3 on this thread

Comment

• dcreager
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Nov 2014

Yes I think it is Anyway......I will try this firmware

Comment

• dcreager
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by petep View Post
                                Make sure you pick a device that has a spare hardware UART you can interface to the CC1101.
                                There's potentially a much easier way to get the data from the radio
                                I think the ESP32 has plenty of interfacing. What did you mean by 'much easier way'?

Comment

Working...
                                X