Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: My HGI80 equivalent Domoticz setup without HGI80

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Excellent! It's great to hear that sending is working for you too. With regards to comparing received messages between the RFBee & HGI80, I'm just capturing the output in a couple of PuTTy sessions. I've set the history to 1000 and then I'm just pasting them into Excel for manipulation. It's tricky to differentiate between potential firmware problems & reception issues, but we're working on it. Please share any observations from comparing the messages from your two devices.

Dan
    Use RealTerm and it will capture the output to a file for you with timestamps et al. You can stop it automatically after some time has elapsed etc. Vary the displayed output. All good stuff

Automated Home Guru

Hi,

I thought I'd post an update as I've been a little quiet for a while. I've now got 3 different Evohome controllers to test out (thanks Bruce!) and I've got 2 of them, the v2 non-wifi colour version and a v1 B&W version linked to a RFG100 gateway. This is so that I can monitor the messages sent between the gateway and the controller when changes are made in the app and vice-versa. This is helping me understand how the controller maintains its scheduling information and I hope will allow me to work out a way of backing up and restoring schedules on the controller via a serial device (I'm not sure if the HGI80 will be able to do this yet). I also hope to have the first functional version of my prototype controller code ready in the next week or so.

Dan

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Where's the 'like' button?

Automated Home Ninja

Also worth dropping into conversation that my firmware now works on RFBee devices as well as the busware.de SCC. Thanks to DanD and bruce_miranda for testing it for me as I don't have a device to test on. I'm pleased to say that it appears to be more robust that some of the other firmware out there and deals with messages from older devices (such as the CM67z) that others can't handle.

Automated Home Guru

@dty thanks for posting your update and for your excellent work on the new firmware for the RFBee!

PS I can also confirm that the schedule back-up/restore process works with the HGI80 and on all 3 controller versions . I'll post some python code to my Github area in the next few days to show how the schedule back-up/restore command works. It'll be a while before I get a chance to integrate this functionality into Domoticz, but at least it'll give people a functional version to play with.

This thread seem to have gone a bit quiet. Does that mean everything is working properly now? Is it safe to switch from my HGI80?

P.

Automated Home Legend

If you have an OT Bridge then unfortunately you cannot switch from the HGI80 just yet. For some reason the HGI80 clones don't like the OT Bridge messages. It is of course hardly important because Domoticz doesn't decode the OT messages anyway.
    Also the HGI80 receives a lot more than the clones. The clones are about 98% good.

My ancient boiler wouldn't have a clue what OpenTherm is!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Also the HGI80 receives a lot more than the clones. The clones are about 98% good.
    ??? can you expand on that one? Are you saying that the clones can't see all of the traffic?

P.

Automated Home Legend

Yes. It appears that the radios on the clones are not as strong as the one used in the HGI80. So the HGI80 receives more messages over time.

Not as strong? So a bigger antenna needed?