Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome - Real World Savings.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Upgrading to get something new just for the fun of it is all justified using man-maths, so the costs if you want to do that in the future aren't relevant
    Haha brilliant: man-maths.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    I installed my 8 radiator (CM-Zone) system in July 2007, then upgraded the controller to the new touchscreen Evohome controller about 3 years ago, keeping all the original radiator controllers. I could have stayed with the original controller, but wanted to upgrade to Internet connectivity. Three radiator controllers have failed so far, and I've put HR92s in place of the old HR80s, so its averaging 15 per year for component replacements. Which I think is amazing.

Upgrading to get something new just for the fun of it is all justified using man-maths, so the costs if you want to do that in the future aren't relevant
    Thanks - that's good to know.

Automated Home Jr Member

I installed Evohome to improve comfort rather than for savings and have not noticed any significant cost savings. I already have a A rated house and it was the increased insulation that caused my problems. The hall with the room thermostat would reach temperature but other rooms would not be hot enough. Moving the thermostat would not help as different rooms were in use at different times of day and once a room was hot enough no other room could be raised in temperature without turning up the room stat causing that room to become like a sauna. With Evohome I can now control each room individually and get the heat where I need it, when I need it. Expensive but well worth it.