• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike1977
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2011

evohome disable 'low demand'

I have an Evohome with S-plan controlled by 2 BDR91's, I'd like to disable the 'low demand' feature (cycling the boiler 1 min in 10), as this runs even when the heating and hot water is set to 'off'. I have a wood pellet biomass boiler which takes at least 10 mins to start, so asking it to run for 1 min isn't very helpful.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Is that the Fail Safe that you want to disable?

Comment

• mike1977
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      Is that the Fail Safe that you want to disable?
      Yes, I think so. I'd done some research and 'fail safe' didn't come up. A bit more searching and I found this thread http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ith-frustation! which seems to have the same setup - a mix of HR80 and HR92. I'll try disabling Fail Safe and see what happens.
      Thanks

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mike1977 View Post
        I have an Evohome with S-plan controlled by 2 BDR91's, I'd like to disable the 'low demand' feature (cycling the boiler 1 min in 10), as this runs even when the heating and hot water is set to 'off'. I have a wood pellet biomass boiler which takes at least 10 mins to start, so asking it to run for 1 min isn't very helpful.
        Sounds like a comms problem between devices that is preventing heat demands being reliably passed from HR92 to controller or controller to BDR91.

It's unlikely to be the failsafe setting because I think this only comes into effect when the BDR91 loses contact with the controller (for at least 45 minutes) in which case the red error LED also appears on the relay. If you don't see the red LED it's probably not failsafe causing the issue. Try turning off failsafe if you have it on anyway, but I don't think it will be that.

The bad news is that this type of problem can be quite difficult to troubleshoot as the system does not provide any information on the heat demand messages being passed between devices through the user interface.

Comment

• mike1977
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Nov 2011

No flashing red lights and Fail safe was disabled, I unbound all the HR80 valves and the problem went away, rebound one HR80 and the problem returned. So there's something to do with the HR80s. Binding the HR80 does seem a pain, the HR92 though, are easy. Maybe I'm not binding the HR80 properly, I'll try resetting it and rebinding.

Comment

• MichaelD
            Automated Home Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mike1977 View Post
            ... I unbound all the HR80 valves and the problem went away, rebound one HR80 and the problem returned. ...
            Or maybe you were unlucky and rebound the one duff HR80?

Comment

Working...
            X