broken Evohome HR92 - Anyone disassembled one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickb23
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2013

broken Evohome HR92 - Anyone disassembled one??

Hi Guys,
    One of my HR92's has decided to stop working. I have put new batteries in it, but still no good. It thinks all the batteries are low (even though they are from a fresh pack) and is just all round not working. Also if I tap it against my hand, it seems to lose power and then back on. I don't really want to spend more money, as it has already cost me a fortune 2 years ago. I have managed to disassemble it to a certain point, but cannot seem to get any further. The screen is off, and the top is off too. I am stuck with the servo housed in black plastic, but there seems to be a screw that I have not go the foggiest on how to undo. I wanted to check to make sure all connections are ok. Has anyone taken one apart successfully before, or even updated firmware??

Thanks guys..

Nick
  • PaulB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

Might be worth trying to give the battery terminals a clean? Sounds like it's just a bad connection.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

My installers broke one and left it here, so I took it apart. There's no way it's ever going back together again!!!!

Comment

• nickb23
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2013

ok managed to take it apart (and back together) with no broken bits of plastic :-)

So it looks like some water got in to it and onto the little board behind the screen. It is in a bathroom...

Cleaned it up as much as possible, and as there was some water behind the screen protector and screen gave that a clean too. So all back together seems to turn on, but same issue - battery low and all icons on screen, apart from if you tip the screen you can ready "battery" and temp, which is changing.. backlight also comes on...

Paul, if you have it, would you be willing to sell your broken one to see if I can fix this one?

Thanks guys...

Nick

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Another potential source? http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...er-1-HGI80-Nil

Comment

Working...
          X