• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blowlamp
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1045[/ATTACH]

The graph screenshot above is from a friends Intergas ECO RF 24 last night, which I will be using as a real world test facility. He has MK3 evohome with 10 heating zones and an R8810 OpenTherm Bridge.

Dan at Jennings Heating is not only a brilliant heating installer, but he is probably the UK's expert on Intergas Boilers! He was here at our training and test facility only last week.

I agree, he is a good heating engineer and is expert with Intergas boilers.

At this point, is it possible to say whether this is mainly a programming technicality with Evohome rather than a boiler issue?

Comment

• dty
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Aug 2016

I have to wonder what tweaking there is to be done. I mean... there are no OpenTherm configuration options on the controller (AFAIK), or on the OT bridge, and the physical connection is just two wires (as someone else has said), so what can possibly be adjusted to improve matters? Intriguing...

Comment

• fergie
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Mar 2017

The obvious one would be the settings in the boiler.

Comment

• blowlamp
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by fergie View Post
          These are the Intergas boiler parameters relevant to OpenTherm.

Parameter E

Min supply temperature during OT demand (OT=OpenTherm thermostat) :
          Adjustment range 10°C to 60°C (default setting is 40°C)

Parameter E.
          OT response :
          0=ignore OT if < E
          1= limit OT if < E
          2= OT on-off

Default setting is 1
          Last edited by blowlamp; 26 July 2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• dty
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by fergie View Post
            Didn't Richard say (or at least strongly imply) that the fix was within the domain of Evohome?

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Originally posted by dty View Post
              Didn't Richard say (or at least strongly imply) that the fix was within the domain of Evohome?
              That is how I’ve interpreted Richard’s comments: hence my question above.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                Site Sponsor
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                That is how I’ve interpreted Richard’s comments: hence my question above.
                OK, lets be clear... On my initial assessment there seems to be an evohome 'setup' issue with the OpenTherm Bridge and hence why I have said 'installer error'... However, it only seems to manifest as an 'issue' with certain boilers such as Intergas (if I do exactly the same setup with Ideal Logic+ for example the issue doesn't seem to occur). So there is still a bit to do to get to the bottom of this, however the method I now use to set the equipment up means the 'issue' doesn't occur.

Comment

• dty
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Aug 2016

OK, lets be clear...
                  Did the being clear start yet?

Comment

• HenGus
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • May 2014

....... however the method I now use to set the equipment up means the 'issue' doesn't occur.
                    For the avoidance of doubt, what is it the you are doing re the OT set up that less informed individuals might not be doing?

Comment

• the crooner
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jun 2017

Keeping it secret, apparently.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                        Site Sponsor
                        • Dec 2014

No secret, but until my findings have been officially confirmed I am not willing to disclose the method I have used to get this to work - simples.

Comment

• mylesm
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Nov 2015

No secret, but until my findings have been officially confirmed I am not willing to disclose the method I have used to get this to work - simples.
                          As someone who is considering an Intergas Boiler when will we know if the percieved problem is solved once and for all ie Richard do you have a timeframe for when you expect your fix to be "officially confirmed"
                          Thanks Mylesm

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Jun 2012

It is solved. I have got mine running properly too. But as Richard has said... It needs understanding and confirming.

There's no reason I can think of to hold off on a plan/project now.
                            Last edited by Dan_Robinson; 5 August 2017, 09:29 AM.
                            Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• HenGus
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
                              It is solved. I have got mine running properly too. But as Richard has said... It needs understanding and confirming.

There's no reason I can think of to hold off on a plan/project now.
                              This is even more cryptic than a Daily Telegraph crossword. The only bit of understanding needed with my boiler was where to site the Bridge and how best to run the 2 core wire to the control panel. The Evohome set up, as you know, is nothing more than deleting BDR control and setting up an Opentherm boiler relay. That said, the thought of the latter put the fear of God into most of the jobbing installers that I spoke to over the course of last year - it was clearly well outwith their zones of comfort. After one particular conversation, I noticed that the installer quietly dropped off the Ecotechnicians’ website. I didn’t think that my questions were that hard.
                              Last edited by HenGus; 5 August 2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                                Automated Home Ninja
                                • Jun 2012

That's the joy of working with large companies. And having such a public fora.

As to Ecotechnicians. A few of us have been so busy that we have not enough time to take part. I haven't been on there since Christmas.
                                Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

Working...
                                X