Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Evohome / Opentherm / Intergas

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    Didn't Richard say (or at least strongly imply) that the fix was within the domain of Evohome?
    That is how I’ve interpreted Richard’s comments: hence my question above.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    That is how I’ve interpreted Richard’s comments: hence my question above.
    OK, lets be clear... On my initial assessment there seems to be an evohome 'setup' issue with the OpenTherm Bridge and hence why I have said 'installer error'... However, it only seems to manifest as an 'issue' with certain boilers such as Intergas (if I do exactly the same setup with Ideal Logic+ for example the issue doesn't seem to occur). So there is still a bit to do to get to the bottom of this, however the method I now use to set the equipment up means the 'issue' doesn't occur.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    OK, lets be clear...
    Did the being clear start yet?

Automated Home Legend

....... however the method I now use to set the equipment up means the 'issue' doesn't occur.
    For the avoidance of doubt, what is it the you are doing re the OT set up that less informed individuals might not be doing?

Automated Home Jr Member

Keeping it secret, apparently.

No secret, but until my findings have been officially confirmed I am not willing to disclose the method I have used to get this to work - simples.

Automated Home Guru

No secret, but until my findings have been officially confirmed I am not willing to disclose the method I have used to get this to work - simples.
    As someone who is considering an Intergas Boiler when will we know if the percieved problem is solved once and for all ie Richard do you have a timeframe for when you expect your fix to be "officially confirmed"
    Thanks Mylesm

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

It is solved. I have got mine running properly too. But as Richard has said... It needs understanding and confirming.

There's no reason I can think of to hold off on a plan/project now.
    Last edited by Dan_Robinson; 5th August 2017 at 09:29 AM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
    It is solved. I have got mine running properly too. But as Richard has said... It needs understanding and confirming.

There's no reason I can think of to hold off on a plan/project now.
    This is even more cryptic than a Daily Telegraph crossword. The only bit of understanding needed with my boiler was where to site the Bridge and how best to run the 2 core wire to the control panel. The Evohome set up, as you know, is nothing more than deleting BDR control and setting up an Opentherm boiler relay. That said, the thought of the latter put the fear of God into most of the jobbing installers that I spoke to over the course of last year - it was clearly well outwith their zones of comfort. After one particular conversation, I noticed that the installer quietly dropped off the Ecotechnicians’ website. I didn’t think that my questions were that hard.
    Last edited by HenGus; 5th August 2017 at 01:45 PM.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

That's the joy of working with large companies. And having such a public fora.

As to Ecotechnicians. A few of us have been so busy that we have not enough time to take part. I haven't been on there since Christmas.