• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blowlamp
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by mylesm View Post
    I have Intergas Rapid 25 and it has a setting for parameter C It can be set to 2=CH output controlled by OT Controller

What about your Setting for E.

0= ignore OT if < E
    1= limit OT if < E
    2= OT on-off

What is it set for
    Thanks
    Mylesm
    It's still on 1

Comment

• mylesm
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by blowlamp View Post
      It's still on 1
      Oh Sorry Earlier I was talking about Parameter C and I thought you were referring to that when you said it was on 1 and not E. being on 1

Comment

• blowlamp
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Apr 2017

Oh Sorry Earlier I was talking about Parameter C and I thought you were referring to that when you said it was on 1 and not E. being on 1
        No problem.

Just to clarify, my settings are:

C = 1 (Factory setting)
        E = 25 (This should work OK for you)
        E. = 1 (Factory setting)

For our system, I found that lowering the pump speed all but eliminated the sound of water flowing through radiators - well worth doing if you have that particular issue.

Comment

• mylesm
          Automated Home Guru
          • Nov 2015

No problem.

Just to clarify, my settings are:

C = 1 (Factory setting)
          E = 25 (This should work OK for you)
          E. = 1 (Factory setting)

For our system, I found that lowering the pump speed all but eliminated the sound of water flowing through radiators - well worth doing if you have that particular issue.
          Great Thanks How is the opentherm working for you have you used it through a winter yet

Comment

• blowlamp
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Apr 2017

Great Thanks How is the opentherm working for you have you used it through a winter yet

OpenTherm worked brilliantly for us through last winter, but remember that our system isn't controlled by Evohome and has weather compensation, so not directly comparable to your setup.

Comment

• blowlamp
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Apr 2017

According to this website, the R8810 OpenTherm bridge has many MsgIDs enable that don't seem to be used by the Evohome system - and that includes MsgID 57 which is max CH water setpoint see here. Why build a capability into a product and then say it can't be used?

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Jun 2012

The bridge is not exclusive to Evohome. One should ask, why not build a capability into a product using your own protocol.?
                Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• blowlamp
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
                  The bridge is not exclusive to Evohome. One should ask, why not build a capability into a product using your own protocol.?
                  Ah, I was just waiting to see who'd be the first one to spot that.

Comment

• mylesm
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Nov 2015

Well Opentherm Bridge arrived installed this morning no problem Had 3 Rooms set for 22c all day to test seems to operate well not sure of lowest flow temp as no pipe thermometer but boiler definitely modulating to a low flow temp
                    No problem binding bridge to Evohome first time all good

Comment

• mylesm
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Nov 2015

Well I have Intergas Rapid installed now for about 2 weeks it is in Heat only mode no HW may long term use combi side for kitchen Sink
                      I read here about Intergas and opentherm problems but I went ahead and installed opentherm I notice it working well in my system modulates flow temp and keeps Zones at a very stable Temp almost always at the setpt

SO what were the percieved problems with Intergas and Opentherm and are they Resolved

Thanks
                      Mylesm

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                        Site Sponsor
                        • Dec 2014

SO what were the percieved problems with Intergas and Opentherm and are they Resolved

Thanks
                        Mylesm
                        The perceived problems are well documented online already, so no point me digging up old threads.

Was there anything wrong with the Intergas boiler... No. Was there anything wrong with evohome... Maybe (but Maybe Not). Is there anything wrong with all tests I have carried out over the past 2 months with multi zoning and evohome on OpenTherm... No.

This is all the information I can give you based solely on my own experience over the past few months. Before this is was unable to test this myself, due to lack of facility.

Comment

• blowlamp
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Apr 2017

Well I have Intergas Rapid installed now for about 2 weeks it is in Heat only mode no HW may long term use combi side for kitchen Sink
                          I read here about Intergas and opentherm problems but I went ahead and installed opentherm I notice it working well in my system modulates flow temp and keeps Zones at a very stable Temp almost always at the setpt

Thanks
                          Mylesm
                          There is nothing wrong with the OpenTherm communication link between the Intergas boiler and Evohome controller.

The main issue as I see it, is the proportional band (as chosen by Honeywell), is a quite narrow 1C to 1.5C. This band is the envelope in which OpenTherm/Evohome modulates the CH flow temperature and would appear to be the behaviour you're seeing with your system at the moment.

However, if for instance a zone that is below the proportional band calls for heat into a system that is already satisfied and modulating smoothly, then Evohome will prompt the boiler to give its maximum adjusted output. It therefore follows that significantly hotter water is now flowing into radiators in rooms which are already at their desired temperature and thus raising it until the TRV is able to bring it back down.

This effect leads one to think that the boiler isn't modulating correctly, especially if several zones are outside the band at overlapping times.

Comment

• mylesm
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Nov 2015

There is nothing wrong with the OpenTherm communication link between the Intergas boiler and Evohome controller.

The main issue as I see it, is the proportional band (as chosen by Honeywell), is a quite narrow 1C to 1.5C. This band is the envelope in which OpenTherm/Evohome modulates the CH flow temperature and would appear to be the behaviour you're seeing with your system at the moment.

However, if for instance a zone that is below the proportional band calls for heat into a system that is already satisfied and modulating smoothly, then Evohome will prompt the boiler to give its maximum adjusted output. It therefore follows that significantly hotter water is now flowing into radiators in rooms which are already at their desired temperature and thus raising it until the TRV is able to bring it back down.

This effect leads one to think that the boiler isn't modulating correctly, especially if several zones are outside the band at overlapping times.
                            Thanks for that

I used to really try to run my heating on Schedules etc but for the last number of years I have it set to be Bedrooms 18C Living Rooms 21c at 6:00am

All Zones Back to 15c at 23:00 So I usually never have a Zone coming on looking for Max heat on its own when other zones are already at setpt that probably explains why its working well

My House is well insulated and has HRV etc and using heating as above I find Gas Bills Very reasonable

Comment

• mylesm
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Nov 2015

Well I have had the Intergas Boiler running with Evohome Opentherm Bridge now for a while and it seems to be working fine at the moment my Boiler Display is showing 1 which is "desired temp reached " my Zones are set for 21c Flow Temp is approx 28c and all Zones are holding setpoint fine
                              I notice with opentherm my Pump runs almost all the time heating is on is this normal I presume the boiler is circulating water at just enough heat content to maintain Zone Temp where with BDR Control Boiler switches on/off to maintain temp

Its hard to know if the Gas saved is offset by extra electricity used by pump running for extended periods

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

What is your pump over run time set to? On my Vaillant, I have it to 20 mins, this means that the pump could easily be running for the duration of the heating cycle, because the 20 mins is deliberately long enough to help circulate the already warmed up water.

Comment

Working...
                                X