Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What water and overnight set-back temperatures do you use?

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I have all our rads set to 10c overnight. I have opt on for start and off. I have never had heating on overnight, even when my son was born. (S'pose it was the way I was brought up).
    We also had a PIV installed when we moved to this house - best thing we ever did. Now we never get any condensation on the windows.
    Mavis - What is a PIV

Automated Home Legend

When I looked it I got

"Post Indicator Valve (PIV) is a valve that is installed in the main water service line serving a buildings automatic fire sprinkler system. Its purpose is to allow the fire department to control the water that is flowing into a building in the event of a fire"

I also got Particle Image Velocimetry plus a reference to ***ual performance!. I have remote controls for many things but there are some limits!!

Automated Home Sr Member

G4RHL - Be careful ! You might be venturing down a path of no return with your Velocimetry device !!

I was being somewhat lazy not googling it and expected no end of false trails re the hunt for PIV.

However, I wonder if Mavis meant PVI - in which case it is a "Positive Ventilation Input" unit which can be fitted in a loft (or other areas) and reduces or eliminates condensation.

The condensation in our dining room was due to setting the Evo setpoint being a bit too low - hence revising the temp to 16C to avoid this. As our house is 85+ years old, there is no cavity so little used rooms can cool down appreciably in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by killa47 View Post
    Mavis - What is a PIV
    It's Positive Input Ventilation.

http://www.nuaire.co.uk/our-products...oducts?pt=1685

We have got the Nuaire Drimaster Heat. Some people can't get away with them as there is a draft - we are in a double fronted bungalow and it is installed in the hall. I have the heat bit of it wired into a socket (as opposed to the mains) and it is plugged into a LightwaveRF socket, timed to come on for a couple of hours in the morning and then on in the evening from around 4pm.

Automated Home Guru

58 degrees for water and 5 degrees on all 12 zones overnight i.e. off. Too much gas used if left on overnight at higher temperatures. I tried 10 degrees a long time ago but there was no point as far as I can see.

Automated Home Guru

Man, you are a hardy bunch! I have my bedrooms set to 18, and any unoccupied rooms (living room, kitchen, hallway, etc) set to 16.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post
    Man, you are a hardy bunch! I have my bedrooms set to 18, and any unoccupied rooms (living room, kitchen, hallway, etc) set to 16.
    Overnight is that? Wow, you are a generous sort.

Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post
    My evening sitting room temp is only 19c

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    My evening sitting room temp is only 19c
    ...and you both wear thermal underwear!

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    ...and you both wear thermal underwear!
    . Son is currently wandering around the house in just his boxers (no change there then). As you can see by my schedules I relented and upped the weekday daytime temp in the sitting room to 18c just incase hubby gets cold. (I say it is his fault that he will not learn how to work the system!)
    Attached Images Attached Images