• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mylesm
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2015

Proportional Control Honeywell

I would like to use Honeywell Y87RF2024 Stats as Sensors in my Living areas as Rads are covered and HR92s will be also covered

One of the Advantages of HR92s is proportional control Will they still use this if using an external sensor as above

Thanks
    mylesm
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

Yes. If you have HR92s in a room (zone), one of them will be used by the controller as the room sensor. All you're doing is replacing that sensor function with a dedicated wall sensor. Everything else about the system stays the same.

Comment

• theasman
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2015

I have the same configuration in my lounge of a Y87RF as a sensor with two HR92s. Whilst in other single HR92 rooms I can hear them adjusting proportionally with the lounge HR92s I can only hear them fully open or fully close. I will have a look later at the valve position to confirm this.

Comment

• neilk
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2016

I have the Y87RF's in every zone (radiators upstairs, underfloor downstairs) and multiple HR92's in the Radiator zones and they certainly do the proportional adjustments as I can hear it in the bedroom.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by theasman View Post
          I have the same configuration in my lounge of a Y87RF as a sensor with two HR92s. Whilst in other single HR92 rooms I can hear them adjusting proportionally with the lounge HR92s I can only hear them fully open or fully close. I will have a look later at the valve position to confirm this.
          They definitely do proportionally control with a remote sensor. I have a DTS92 in both living room and bedroom.

What you might be noticing is less frequent adjustments, as the temperature measured close to the radiator is influenced by the heat output from the radiator as much as the room temperature, so it tends to open and close more frequently in response to small measured changes in temperature near the radiator, this is especially the case when the room doesn't need much heat.

However measuring further out in the room you have the delay and inertia of the mass of objects in the room so the temperature changes much more slowly and any corrections tend to be more subtle and less frequent.

If you need reassurance that it is working proportionally, check option 10 (valve position) on the HR92 from time to time, you will find that it does change by small amounts, it won't just be 0 or 100%...

Also, is it maintaining the requested temperature accurately ? If so it must be doing its job.

Comment

Working...
          X