Thread: Y87RF2024 LCD Display partially failed

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Y87RF2024 LCD Display partially failed

Hi,
    I have had one of my Thermostats around half of the segments on the LCD panel fail (The second temperature digit and all symbols). It seems a loose connection as light pressure on the case makes them return, and the unit works as expected. Anyone else has a similar issue. Unfortunately out of Warranty, but from a fitness for purpose perspective I would expect on of these to last more than 18 months (especially as I have 10 of them). I will see what Honeywell say, but interested if this has happened to anyone else.
    Thanks,
    Neil

Automated Home Ninja

Have you checked the batteries and connections? It could be that the terminals would benefit from being bent outward slightly to make a better connection with the batteries.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks dty, it wasn't actually the battery connections, but in following your advice I noticed the pcb was not quite seated properly. It was a really marginal amount but it did the trick and I would have sworn a failing LCD. Credit to Honeywell support as well for a fast response and a willingness to investigate.