• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilk
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2016

Y87RF2024 LCD Display partially failed

Hi,
    I have had one of my Thermostats around half of the segments on the LCD panel fail (The second temperature digit and all symbols). It seems a loose connection as light pressure on the case makes them return, and the unit works as expected. Anyone else has a similar issue. Unfortunately out of Warranty, but from a fitness for purpose perspective I would expect on of these to last more than 18 months (especially as I have 10 of them). I will see what Honeywell say, but interested if this has happened to anyone else.
    Thanks,
    Neil
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

Have you checked the batteries and connections? It could be that the terminals would benefit from being bent outward slightly to make a better connection with the batteries.

Comment

• neilk
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2016

Thanks dty, it wasn't actually the battery connections, but in following your advice I noticed the pcb was not quite seated properly. It was a really marginal amount but it did the trick and I would have sworn a failing LCD. Credit to Honeywell support as well for a fast response and a willingness to investigate.

Comment

Working...
      X