Thread: Votodens 100-w and S-Plan

Automated Home Lurker

Default Vitodens 100-W and S-Plan

This may have been dealt with before, but is anybody using a Vitodens 100-W with an S-Plan system and open therm. Not sure how to deal with the 4 pipe system on the boiler. Do I block off the DHW circuit from the boiler or use the internal boiler diverter valve instead of external zone valves.
    Last edited by stevejclarke; 2nd March 2017 at 03:54 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Apologies if this sounds niaive as I've only just started with my Evohome system and have had to deal with some other issues on the way to getting this far. I've done a little more research now and spoken to Viessmann who were very helpful, but I'm still unsure of the pro's and cons of the Viessmann 4 pipe system vs conventional S-Plan when using Evohome and OT. I believe reading some threads that if I go for the S-Plan I'll need to purchase the Viessman Cylinder Demand Terminal Box as the boiler won't accept the signal from OT to ramp up the boiler temperature to feed the DHW cylinder. I think a few of you out there are using the 100-W and some with an S-Plan and would welcome some help and or feedback.