• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mylesm
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2015

First 2 Weeks

Hi

I am about 2 weeks now using my new Evohome I have 8 Rads all with HR92 Valves one bypass rad I had 3 Zone Valves but removed the heads and locked them open basically they are gone

All Rads are Single Zone Except for Kitchen which has 2 rads

Kitchen and Living room I use Round Thermostats as Temp sensors and other zones use HR92 as sensor

SO I only have one BDR bound as a Boiler relay I have no Stored Hot Water in Evo All is working very well Temp control is spot on I have optimum start and stop enabled

Only issue is noise of HR92 Valves in Bedrooms

I have cycle rate set to 6 and min on time 1 min I have a Worcester Bosch 24ri Open Vent Boiler is anyone here using one of these Boilers if so what min on time do you use

Also I have a modulating Pump which is controlled from boiler which has an over run function Should I leave this modulating or use fixed speed

Thanks for Help
    mylesm
  • scut0
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2016

I have a different boiler (ideal vogue) but have left mine modulating. Doesn't modulate as low as I would like but way better (from a noise perspective at least) than the non modulating mode where it reverts to 100%.

Can I ask how you've locked your 2 way valves open? I've got mine affectively permanenty open via an electrical supply from the junction box but this is obviously wasting some electricity.

I'd rather remove the motorised head section completely and somehow lock the spindle fully open but not sure how best to do it. Mine are honeywell 2 way valves by the way and I only have one for the heating system. The hot water valve has been left functional in the traditional way.

Thanks
    Steve

Comment

• mylesm
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by scut0 View Post
      I have a different boiler (ideal vogue) but have left mine modulating. Doesn't modulate as low as I would like but way better (from a noise perspective at least) than the non modulating mode where it reverts to 100%.

Can I ask how you've locked your 2 way valves open? I've got mine affectively permanenty open via an electrical supply from the junction box but this is obviously wasting some electricity.

I'd rather remove the motorised head section completely and somehow lock the spindle fully open but not sure how best to do it. Mine are honeywell 2 way valves by the way and I only have one for the heating system. The hot water valve has been left functional in the traditional way.

Thanks
      Steve
      HI I Took Heads off Valves this exposes spindle you can now move it to open position and it will remain there as spring return is in head I think you could just leave it like that as they most probably will remain open but you could just put a bit of epoxy on spindle (Araldite) and it wont move but I have just left them open so when I said Locked open I probably should have said manually opened but they are fine with the Head off and open

Comment

• scut0
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2016

OK thanks. Will have a play with it later. Wasn't sure which way the flow was relative the 'ball' and whether the flow of water past the ball could actually close the valve inadvertently if it wasn't physically locked externally. Sounds like it doesn't though from your experience but I might try and rig up some kind of non permanent clamp on the spindle. Maybe a dot of adhesive would do the job like you suggest.
        Thanks.Steve

Comment

• mylesm
          Automated Home Guru
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by scut0 View Post
          OK thanks. Will have a play with it later. Wasn't sure which way the flow was relative the 'ball' and whether the flow of water past the ball could actually close the valve inadvertently if it wasn't physically locked externally. Sounds like it doesn't though from your experience but I might try and rig up some kind of non permanent clamp on the spindle. Maybe a dot of adhesive would do the job like you suggest.
          Thanks.Steve
          I thought exactly the same I was afraid they might close by flow but to date no issue but it would be very easy to put a non permanent clamp on in case of need for future reversal

Comment

Working...
          X